Antiviruses and their importance nowadays

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antiviruses and their importance nowadays

Today I want to talk about how antiviruses can protect you from a cybernetic attack and how you should always have an antivirus on your PC, no matter what you do on it.
    What do you think about it? Is it important to have such software on your computer or you're so safe you don't need it.
    Also, what is your antivirus of choice?

I have always used Norton Antivirus, and find it to be the most reliable that I have ever used before. The sad truth is that there are a lot of people who just don't bother to use AV at all, until they have had a problem. Seeing as we do almost everything online these days, including banking and other legal matters, it seems strange that we don't secure ourselves against the threats that are out there. You can get protection at a relatively low price, and I think it is more than worth it for the peace of mind that you would get against hackers and the like.

Comment

This is how important Anti-virus softwares were:

The moment we purchased our computer, one of the first thing we wished is that it will last for a longtime because computers are not cheap. Many repair guys are scammers and we can prevent that if our computer is safe from any virus. We live in a world were internet is a necessity and many of the things that keeps our lives going is the internet. There is a virus that can steal your personal information that can lead to the hacker stealing money from your bank account. An antivirus can prevent that from happening.

Comment

Originally posted by GemmaRowlands View Post
        I have always used Norton Antivirus, and find it to be the most reliable that I have ever used before. The sad truth is that there are a lot of people who just don't bother to use AV at all, until they have had a problem. Seeing as we do almost everything online these days, including banking and other legal matters, it seems strange that we don't secure ourselves against the threats that are out there. You can get protection at a relatively low price, and I think it is more than worth it for the peace of mind that you would get against hackers and the like.
        Glad to see people using Norton Antivirus since the developers are from my country. I sway between Norton and Malwarebytes, but both are really good options and it comes down to preference.
        I agree with you, people don't really secure their PC nowadays since they don't know how prone they are to getting viruses. People need to open their eyes a little more and see how dangerous it is to not use an antivirus.

Comment

I've had a free antivirus installed on my laptop when I bought it 3 years ago. spybot has been very reliable, and I've never had a problem at all. Once, there was a major threat from a virus, and spybot immediately sent me a red alert. I clean my computer twice a week with spybot. It's easy to use.
          In the past I used AVG Antivirus, and it never let me down either.
          Personally, I don't really see a need to pay for antivirus protection when I can get it for free. Obviously, I am only speaking for myself and my needs.

Comment

Antivirus is always an essential thing for me to have in my laptop/computer. I currently have Norton Antivirus and it does its job, I can't complain. And I personally don't feel safe going through my internet life without a good antivirus installed, I'm kind of paranoid with websites and downloading thigs from the Internet, and scanning things that I downloaded from there, makes me feel a little bit more safe and less guilty, somehow.

Comment

I have a friend who didn't install an anti-virus and anti-malware on her computer and it is now the biggest mistake of her entire life as a computer user. A Key logger virus got installed on her computer and it didn't really damaged her computer but her username and passwords from her social media accounts and her account on online job got stolen by a hacker and this hacker used her accounts for spreading spams that leads to phishing links. She got luck that she didn't logged in on online bank account because that could be stolen too. She managed to recover her social network attacks but she got banned from her online job because of spamming. She reformatted her computer just to get rid of the key logger on her computer.

Comment

Yes, anti-virus is really needed to ensure safety of our computers. I use a free version of Avast. In fact I installed it a few days back. I was using AVG which was slowing down my computer a lot. Then I searched for an alternative and I found that the most recommended one is Avast. Till now it is working fine and it works almost silent on my computer.

I think a free version is more than enough for a home computer. I never had any paid versions of antivirus installed in my computer.

Comment

Along with Anti-virus, I highly recommend using some of the risk assesment softwares like Opsfolio - http://bit.ly/2ijW27l to get rid of the data breaches and hackers. Especially in medical field, it is necessary to keep the data safe for a long run.

Comment

Working...
                  X