Cybersecurity experts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cybersecurity experts

As the years go by, hackers are becoming smarter in the way they approach their victims. It is a field that not many workers from every field even know how to stop. I even had hackers steal from me and after contacting the bank I have received a response of "we don't know how they do it nowadays". This makes me feel like cyber security is going to be a growing field in the next decade or so since almost every major business is being attacked.
    I even recently read an article that spoke about the fact that there are a very small number of cyber security experts working.

You can read more here:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...rity-problems/

It is a growing concern. Not too long ago two US government facilities were attacked from China. Their systems were hacked and important information was obtained. It is scary to think that there are people out there who strive to gain your information and hack into your or other businesses systems to gain that information. People live with the false belief that they are secure because they have these security packages that they have to protect them computers. Well the problem with that is that hackers are diligent and eventually they will find a way in. And your information is not just on your system.... your information is everywhere and any system can fail and they will get that information.
    Where there is an beginning, there is an end.
    Where there is an end, there is a new beginning.

Comment

No matter what security is installed there is always a way to hack into it. Although with top notch security it could delay it, thus preventing it if delayed long enough. One day the world will no longer be fighting wars physically, instead it'll all be virtual. The virtual world stores a ton of our data and getting into it is basically killing us.

Comment

The reason why I prefer t be anonymous online is to make sure I wont be an easy target from hackers. In never purchased something directly with my debit card. If an online store don't have a PayPal service, I will refuse to buy something from them. I don't understand why some people comment on articles of news sites with their Facebook accounts using their real name. Many people can steal your password just buy knowing your Birthday and real name.

Comment

Nothing seems to be truly unhackable so whilst we can rely on our security packages to a certain extent, a lot of the responsibility for web security lies with ourselves. Good internet habits are essential to our security. We all know what they are but we don't always make a habit of using them.

Comment

• Evazarah
            Evazarah commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes exactly... Also we can also use some of the risk assesment softwares like Opsfolio - http://bit.ly/2ijW27l to get rid of the data breaches and hackers. Especially in medical field, it is necessary to keep the data safe for a long run.

Wanna know where a lot of hackers are lurking? Many of them were able to steal credit card numbers on those online stores with no PayPal services. Hackers were also lurking in those pirated movie or TV streaming . Some of them loves sending love letter private messages to people and asking them to send them an email, that scam had been around for a long time. There are also those people who were hunting for victims on social media sites. We should be careful of what we download as well. There could be a keyloggers on the .

Comment

Originally posted by missbishi View Post
            Nothing seems to be truly unhackable so whilst we can rely on our security packages to a certain extent, a lot of the responsibility for web security lies with ourselves. Good internet habits are essential to our security. We all know what they are but we don't always make a habit of using them.
            Good internet habits are almost hard to find. People never think that they could be the victim of identity theft and then they fall into the traps themselves. Many famous websites like target and Nordstrom and Zappos have been slight victims of password theft. Things like saving your credit card info to a website is one of the worst things a person can do. All in all the more information you put online the more vulnerable you become.

Comment

Certainly we need more experts in this field, we also need to use some more common sense and stop putting personal information in online databases. It's getting to the point where the risks are not worth the benefits.

Comment

There is no perfect mechanism to stop cyber attacks. Anything that can be accessed can be hacked too. It is rightly pointed by Anna Blush that there will be an increasing demand for cyber experts as internet has started reaching a vast majority of the population. But we should do what we can do to save us from hacking. Simple steps like checking the correct spelling of web sites we visit and ensuring that the site always starts with https instead of http can go a long way. We can only try to prevent this. Prevention is always better than cure.

Comment

Working...
                X