Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazing map that shows where cyber attacks are coming from .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FuZyOn View Post
    I don't really believe this site is real, simply for the fact that there are more than those attacks happening at this time 100%. Hackers usually attack networks more frequently than that.
    I wish we would be able to see real cyber attacks happening, but I think that is impossible to obtain since you would need a lot of permissions to most of the online databases.
    The map is definitely genuine, check out the Newsweek article that I posted earlier in this thread. It helps to answer your question re: the number of attacks and what is/isn't displayed in the interactive map. As the article says, the data supplied is "far less than 1 percent of the data Norse receives at any given time"

Comment

Originally posted by dillinger10 View Post

The map is definitely genuine, check out the Newsweek article that I posted earlier in this thread. It helps to answer your question re: the number of attacks and what is/isn't displayed in the interactive map. As the article says, the data supplied is "far less than 1 percent of the data Norse receives at any given time"
      I read the article and I stand corrected! Thanks for the information, dillinger10!
      I knew for sure that if the site tried to display all the cybernetic attacks every computer would freeze up. Now that I think about it, most of the attacks may also be just plain viruses, keyloggers and trojans spread out on the internet.

Comment

Thank you for the link; I hadn't seen that one before. I'm not even remotely surprised the US leads the pack of those being attacked, nor China leading the pack of attackers. I am surprised little Liechtenstein is listed as #5 on those being attacked right now.
        "Success is survival." ~ Leonard Cohen

Comment

Working...
        X