Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on phone calls being recorded by government?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on phone calls being recorded by government?

This is a topic that has been in news in the past few years. There are two sides to this situation and one side doesn't really give it much thought while the other side is absolutely furious with our government here in the USA. I personally would say I don't really care. There are billions of people and I don't believe my phone call to my family and friends will always be overlooked. I don't think our government cares about every person living here as much as we think at one point. Yes, our privacy is being invaded but if this invasion of privacy helps save a life then I think it's worth it.

I would love to hear your opinion on this sensitive topic!

I reckon it always is,because the signal transmission is done by the provider,but the data transferred is setup in one of their servers.
    Of course the government will then use it and search for any potential attacks.To me i am okay with it,because should i have to do any sensitive act or talk with my gf,i call her and ask her to come to a place where we can then talk freely.

Comment

No, no, no, no, NO!!!!!

Total number mission of privacy. They should have to have reasonable cause to get a warrant to do it. I'm sure they are doing it without any good reason though, and even the f we succeeded in passing a law against it they would still do it.

Comment

This really doesn't concern me too much. I have nothing to hide but it does invade your privacy a bit. I think any suspicious person or groups should have their lines tapped. An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure.

Comment

Originally posted by DancingLady View Post
          No, no, no, no, NO!!!!!

Total number mission of privacy. They should have to have reasonable cause to get a warrant to do it. I'm sure they are doing it without any good reason though, and even the f we succeeded in passing a law against it they would still do it.
          That's a really good point. The more I think about it the more I realize that the government will probably have the last word one way or another. All the protests that happen usually end in failure and the good people with the best intentions somehow suffer the most. The government officials behind the scenes end up getting what they want unfortunately.

Comment

I am not doing anything illegal so the government doesn't really have a reason to hack my phone lines. Invading my privacy will be a huge waste of resources for them because I don't really have any top secret information that can affect national security. If they hack my lines then only conversations they will hear is me ordering pizza or my parents nagging at me because its their only way to verbally abuse me because I don't live with them anymore.

Comment

Well, I don't have anything to hide so the government wouldn't bother tracking my phone calls but if they really want to get information about a certain thing they most likely have a group of talented hackers/programmers who can track anything on the internet, which is quite scary now that I think about it.
              Still, the government shouldn't be allowed to do this but I guess we can't stop them.

Comment

This is a difficult one for me to answer. In theory, I think that they should be able to record them, as it means that they might be able to solve crimes at a later date with what they manage to record. However, there is every chance that something might go wrong, and if this should happen then there is huge scope for major privacy breeches that shouldn't even be thought about. If I could guarantee that nothing would go wrong, then I would say without a doubt that they should be recorded, however unfortunately there is no such guarantee, meaning that we can't really put our faith in such a system as of yet.

Comment

I don't live in the u.s. But that must be scary, privacy shouldn't be touched by other people just like that...but in the other hand, we don't know if this is happening in other countries too, maybe it is but they are not telling us... I don't see too much difference either, as you've said there are a lot of people in u.s. And I don't think that they are actually paying attention to every one of them in case that this was happening.

Comment

It definitely doesn't inspire much confidence in me, knowing or suspecting that my phone calls are being monitored. I believe that everyone has a right to privacy, and that Big Brother invading it, is taking away one of our basic civil rights. I don't like to think about the thousands of cameras that I have been recorded on so far during my travels around the world. I often feel watched and scrutinized when I my business takes me to the city. I actually feel nervous and often stressed, even though I have nothing to hide. It's just that feeling of being spied on that makes my skin crawl.
                    fcphdJim likes this.

Comment

The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedients, and by parts.
                      - Edmund Burke
                      Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty.
                      - Thomas Jefferson
                      These quotes fairly accurately sum up my opinion. I see the government slowly seizing more and more control and eroding all our rights, while many people blindly accept it in the name of "security". Sorry, I don't feel any more secure knowing that faceless agency personnel have that much access to and control over all our personal lives. Nor do I believe that any agency has the legal right to listen to or record any phone calls without a warrant. I would rather live with more "danger" in exchange for a government that obeys our Constitution.

Comment

Working...
                      X