What is the cloud?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the cloud?

This is about the cloud on the internet that is being hacked many times. You may have heard of many celebrities that had their private photos on public due to hacking and you may have heard of the word cloud. What is this cloud by the way? Well it is an online storage. To know more about it, you may read it at the article below.
    This is just an information for people that are still starting to discover whats on the internet. For your safety, don't upload your private photos/videos online.
    From Yahoo News: The cloud is actually a network of computers that work together, performing different functions, to help store and process enormous amounts of data. This process is called “cloud computing,” and these computer networks are housed inside warehouses known as “data centers.”

Cloud storage is a huge convenience for many people, but I think it is a risk not worth taking. I am extremely displeased that so many companies and even government agencies are uploading extremely private information onto their supposedly "secure" network or using cloud storage.

Bottom line: if it can be accessed via the internet by any means whatsoever, someone could hack it. No matter how good the security is, it is not totally hacking proof. Nothing online will ever be hacking proof. The less one puts online themselves, the less chances there are that your information will be stolen. Unfortunately, you can't control what others do with the information you have to give them in order to have a job, have health insurance, deposit a paycheck ect.

Comment

cloud has been hyped for years, and seems to be gaining traction lately. It is patently un-secure....anything written and implemented by a human can be, given time and money, hacked or broken by another human. All kinds of claims about how much better, faster, more secure, etc, etc.....reality it is just a bunch of racked hardware and some code...

Use and/or depend on it, at your own peril.

Comment

I can't say I'm a fan of the cloud either. It just seems too risky and open to abuse. Like DancingLady, I think it's pretty outrageous that companies are increasingly using this method of storage for our personal information. Yes, it might be convenient but I don't think that the trade-off is worth it. I'd much rather that the company I was dealing with was slightly less efficient than much less secure.

Comment

With all the problems of peoples information getting compromised, I wonder if companies will eventually be forced to stop doing this by the demand of their customers. I don't expect that to be any time soon, but if there continue to be problems, maybe there will be change.

Comment

Originally posted by DancingLady View Post
            With all the problems of peoples information getting compromised, I wonder if companies will eventually be forced to stop doing this by the demand of their customers. I don't expect that to be any time soon, but if there continue to be problems, maybe there will be change.
            that is exactly true, as for the reality, there is nothing that can't be hacked. As long as it is floating online, for sure it computer experts. The cloud of the Apple company was hacked even the US government sites are hacked. US government area one of the most secured sites online yet it is hacked, how much more if it is just a free floating cloud.

Comment

I don't think cloud storage is that unsafe as you people make it out to be. The only notable event about cloud hacking was the one about the celebrities being hacked, which was Apple's fault for having a security breach in their system.
              I think cloud storage is pretty safe and you shouldn't be too skeptical. if even sites like Google have a designated site for it then you should at least trust it. In fact, how could someone hack Google? Your files are safe if you upload them to Drive, Dropbox and a few popular ones at least.

Comment

Originally posted by FuZyOn View Post
                I don't think cloud storage is that unsafe as you people make it out to be. The only notable event about cloud hacking was the one about the celebrities being hacked, which was Apple's fault for having a security breach in their system.
                I think cloud storage is pretty safe and you shouldn't be too skeptical. if even sites like Google have a designated site for it then you should at least trust it. In fact, how could someone hack Google? Your files are safe if you upload them to Drive, Dropbox and a few popular ones at least.
                Yes, I totally agree with the fact that anything that could be accessed, could be hacked as well anytime and anywhere. Cloud is just another method and there is no need to be so much doubtful about its credibility. On the other hand it offers a lot of user friendly features. Using this system you can save a lot of time and effort as it will enable you to share huge data through a web link. This can also serve as an emergency backup plan in case of disasters. It can be accessed anytime and data remain to be safe at a remote location. As the case of many other things in life, it has its own merits and demerits.

Comment

Working...
                X