No announcement yet.

Cyberwar With The Islamic State

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try as hard as I can, I don't understand the appeal for people to join. There is nothing I could think of that would make we want to join a group that beheads people. That is not propaganda, they put out those videos themselves. Do these people who join know about the videos that ISIS put out themselves showing themselves beheading? That alone should be enough of a deterrent.
    Where there is an beginning, there is an end.
    Where there is an end, there is a new beginning.

Comment

They get to grow fast because they target young people when it comes to recruiting. Naivete of these young men turned them into easy targets by these predators who will manipulate them to join them. They will seduce them with financial perks they can say no to. That's why men who are not even religious joins them as well. Some pedophiles also join them because it is their easy access on a chance to marry little girls. I remember one of the girls they manipulated to join them because she is told that the reports about them are lies that they were the good guys.

Comment

Maybe one way is to expose and not hide the explicit videos ISIS themselves are showing about their activities from the youth. The beatings, the beheadings.... ISIS themselves have been putting those videos out so then the youth know that what the media is saying about them is true. We are so busy trying to hide the ugliness of the world from our kids thinking we are protecting them, when in fact, we are actually hurting them more. When they are not exposed to the truth then they are easily lied to and fall into the traps of groups like ISIS.

Comment

Originally posted by KimberlyD View Post
          Maybe one way is to expose and not hide the explicit videos ISIS themselves are showing about their activities from the youth. The beatings, the beheadings.... ISIS themselves have been putting those videos out so then the youth know that what the media is saying about them is true. We are so busy trying to hide the ugliness of the world from our kids thinking we are protecting them, when in fact, we are actually hurting them more. When they are not exposed to the truth then they are easily lied to and fall into the traps of groups like ISIS.
          What you mean is to fight propaganda with propaganda? I think that would work better if they use a highly respected Muslim figure to make it because they won't trust something created by a Christian or an Atheist. I think the greatest weapon against Isis propaganda is someone who is Muslim himself. Imagine if a highly respected Muslim leader telling those Youths that Isis is against the teachings of their religion. I believe that method might work.

Comment

No, use their own videos against them. For instance, when they announce that ISIS has beheaded someone.... they talk about it, show clips of the ISIS member talking, but they do not show the beheading. That makes the claim unreal to the youth. Show the beheading. Let them see the horror. Then it will be real to them. Then yes, you can have Muslim leaders speaking out against what they are doing and the immorality of it. Stop hiding the truth of what is happening from the youth. They believe what they see and not what they hear, so show them.

Comment

Working...
            X