Cyberwar With The Islamic State

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyberwar With The Islamic State

In Sydney a group of hackers have come together to battle the Islamic state via the internet. The US is also coming up with battle plans against the Islamic State and their internet savvy compatriots.

Originally posted by MSN News
    The anti-extremism meeting is taking an in-depth look at how IS -- which controls large swathes of territory in Iraq and Syria -- reaches out to youths, with technology giants Facebook, Twitter and Google joining the more than 30 participating countries in hashing out solutions.
    In a small room close by the Sydney Opera House, 60 people representing a vast range of communities and industries are working feverishly to come up with ways to combat the Islamic State group's online propaganda machine.
    Where there is an beginning, there is an end.
    Where there is an end, there is a new beginning.

If it can forge interests wit their links like that dating app they created.This connect me too will be perfect for mentoring.The path taken to find the construtive identity is not trodded on and we hope they can be successful in their notion,it being brilliant to give young muslims and active/non-violent role models.

Comment

The hackers should also manage to destroy the PSN and XBOX live accounts of ISIS because they were recruiting people who play videogames by sending players messages. Imagine they manage to recruit a 14 year old teenage boy to join their group and do terrorist acts.

I once encountered a Twitter account of a man who is inviting people to join Isis and I found it disturbing that the account have thousands of followers.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy View Post
        The hackers should also manage to destroy the PSN and XBOX live accounts of ISIS because they were recruiting people who play videogames by sending players messages. Imagine they manage to recruit a 14 year old teenage boy to join their group and do terrorist acts.

I once encountered a Twitter account of a man who is inviting people to join Isis and I found it disturbing that the account have thousands of followers.
        That's even disastrous to hear.Tapping a 14 year old boy's mind is easy and they can lure them easily too,more like a sleeper cell,who will be waiting for his command from one source and till then remain like he is always.That's even more dangerous because when a combined clan of sleeper cells enact the ploy,it will only be catastrophic.

This of late seems to be the easiest and in their terms,the deadliest method,because it won't raise any suspicion.

God save these Kids from these rodents.

Comment

I'm glad to hear that people in the technology community are working on attacking extremism from a non-traditional perspective. I've seen recruiting (not necessarily terrorists) on Twitter, they appeal to the youthful idealism, and are very manipulative, saying the young people will be changing the world for the better. Obviously those following this type of call either have a vacuum in their life, are unhappy with their situation and circumstances, have deeper issues, or are extremely naive, and do not understand the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Diane Lane View Post
            I'm glad to hear that people in the technology community are working on attacking extremism from a non-traditional perspective. I've seen recruiting (not necessarily terrorists) on Twitter, they appeal to the youthful idealism, and are very manipulative, saying the young people will be changing the world for the better. Obviously those following this type of call either have a vacuum in their life, are unhappy with their situation and circumstances, have deeper issues, or are extremely naive, and do not understand the situation.
            I think Isis is aware that their social media accounts are being tracked down so they decided to go for a more discreet way for recruiting. They use the messaging feature of the online videogames for Windows 7 and Xbox live. Majority of gamers are male so it is easier for them to get their target demographic. The purpose ofthr messaging in gaming I so connect people so they can meet friends and it is disturbing that they use it to get more recruits to work for them. I feel bad form the parents of those teens because I know it is not the life they wanted for their children.

Comment

I am assuming they will most likely bring in discussions on ways to offset these methods (xbox and windows 7) like they are social media. However, they can only tackle one entity at a time. I don't know where I read it, but I have heard that Microsoft has been working on their end for these issues already.

Comment

If Microsoft will manage Isis problems of Xbox live and Windows, I am going to thank them buy buying an original copy of windows 10. They should not let these terrorist just go to game servers and try to recruit teenagers to do nasty acts. Sending messages in videogames are created so people will become friends and have fun and not spread extremist propaganda. Sony should do their part so Isis members wont use PlayStation network to recruit terrorist.

Comment

ISIS is crafty, I have to give them that. They target the young and impressionable. It is more then just getting hackers together to fight them off. The fight has to start in the homes and schools. Parents need to talk to their kids and listen to them also. Many times just by listening to our kids we get a better understanding of where their thoughts are so that we can prevent groups like ISIS from winning them over.

Comment

They we're like the Pedos from the "to catch a predator "show"they target easy to manipulate kids for their evil perverted agenda. The only thing that protects these jerks from their recruiting of naive kids is the right to privacy and the right of freedom of expression. It must be the reason why some of their social media pages were still not deleted. Now it is more disturbing that they target videogame players.
                    Last edited by Billy; 06-15-2015, 07:20 AM.

Comment

I have read a short story, a fiction about the war held in the internet. It's not really that exciting since it is too hard to describe what is happening inside the internet. The 2 countries that fought the internet war came out clean since no one was injured and no deaths either.

But in reality, it will never happen since a cyber war can lead to a real war. For now, ISIS is doing the recruitment via the internet. They are attracting mainly the young romantics whose ideals coincide with the principle of ISIS that ISIS is not a cult nor a group of bandits, not even a revolutionist group but in fact a religious state. Get that? What an advertisement to lure the youth.

Comment

They were able to lure non-muslims and non-religious people to join them as well by offering them perks. It could be financial or the women and girls they kidnapped. They were really diversifying the way they recruit people to join them. I am offended their existence and I also hate the fact they were using social media and online video game messaging for an evil cost. Those technologies are originally created to keep friends close together and recreation. Parents should keep an eye on the online activity of their kids.

Comment

This is good news because the ISIS has been influencing people though social media.I hope they could be beaten in the future with joint efforts from united countries because this is a concern for all especially for parents who have young children using the internet regularly. It's a warning for all parents to monitor their children's activities on the internet because we never know if our children are already being lured to join this merciless extremist group.

Comment

This group wanted global domination so they have to be crushed like a cockroach before they lay eggs. The whole world needs to work together before it is too late. They already have headquarters in Europe, Africa and Southeast Asia and their head is in the middle east. We have to cut the head of the dragon to dissolve this group and make them cease to exist. The world should of be worrying about terrorism and we can't solve then other problems of the world as long as there is a threat.

Comment

It's a scary concept to be honest because we never know what could or may happen in that case. I don't think cyber is capable of doing al ot of physical damage, unless it's financial, but it could do a lot of emotional harm.

Comment

Working...
                              X