No announcement yet.

Those fake paypal emails

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n37852[/ATTACH] I found this really funny picture on reddit the other day. Spammers aren't even trying anymore!
    Last edited by calicer1996; 06-03-2015, 05:46 AM.
    bala likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by calicer1996 View Post
      [ATTACH]n37852[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_644_1433324612055_847[/ATTACH] I found this really funny picture on reddit the other day. Spammers aren't even trying anymore!
      I assume he clicked the link?

Most of these services, most likely PayPal included, clearly state that they'd never ask for you to give any of your personal information, account details included, to them. You should really be careful with this stuff. I wonder where the link would've taken you though since they didn't ask for any info, a fake login page?

Comment

I have a feeling some people still fell for that because of curiosity and automatic reflex on their fingers. Its like those threads that says " Don't read me" But it ends up having lots of thousands of views and replies. There is a Youtube video titled " Don't watch this video" and it has millions of views. It is like an Eve and the Snake situation. People have the tendency to go for what they were asked not to do.

Comment

I haven't had that happen with PayPal yet, but I've had similar scam emails in the past. It's unfortunate that some people make the mistake of giving out the information. It can be easy to fall for though if you aren't reading carefully. Some of them are pretty cleverly devised these days.
          Billy likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by DancingLady View Post
            I haven't had that happen with PayPal yet, but I've had similar scam emails in the past. It's unfortunate that some people make the mistake of giving out the information. It can be easy to fall for though if you aren't reading carefully. Some of them are pretty cleverly devised these days.
            Many of their emails are really intimidating and a person with a weak heart can easily fall for their trap. I know Paypal have no reason to ban me so it really helped me to not fall for their bait. I really don't know how they get my real name and my email. I don;t register to those sites that requires me to reveal my real name. it is not worth the risk.

Comment

I've heard of this case a lot and it has tricked a lot of people. Sometimes they even ask you to put in passport information and it would be forged through scammers and criminals to travel around the world to do whatever they want to do. I think it is time already that we be so careful when it comes to these things because a lot of the emails really aren't genuine not just to do with PayPal. Be careful even if it says it's coming from PayPal, some people could fake email addresses, therefore, always ask people who are from the company, or give them a call to verify.

Comment

Originally posted by calicer1996 View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]n37852[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_644_1433324612055_847[/ATTACH] I found this really funny picture on reddit the other day. Spammers aren't even trying anymore!
                That's a ROFL img.
                A first of its kind i am hearing of,Maybe all their antics are outdated and they are desperate for people to download their files.

I have even seen people posting sh*t applications on mediafire just to barge into our PC's :P
                Thanks for the share,i will learn to stay safe :P :P

Comment

Originally posted by Billy View Post
                  I think my online bank accounts almost got hacked. I received an email from "Paypal" that says my account has been suspended and if I want it to be restored I have to click the link they provided. I almost clicked it but instead, I decided to log in to Paypal and I discovered the email I received is a lie. My account is not suspended. If I clicked that link something bad could have happened to my Paypal account. My Paypal account is connected to my bank account,debit card and credit card. I think I dodged a bullet. My hand is still shaking from what happened. I don't know how those hackers got my email. I hope sharing this experience will save people from being scammed. if I clicked that link, it could have ruined my life.

Thanks for reminding me to be cautious while using emails.

One day I got a similar mail from my bank. But I already clicked on the link and it opened my bank's home page asking me to write down some sensitive information as a part of an audit. That time I was not that much aware of these frauds and luckily I noticed that the site address is not starting with https and there is a slight spelling error in the web address. Suddenly I closed it and just forwarded the mail to bank authorities. They confirmed me back that it was a phishing attempt and they will do the necessary things to get rid of this issue.

Comment

Working...
                  X