Deadly Shooting In Australia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadly Shooting In Australia

Two men died while another two were injured from an armed siege which ended in a deadly shooting. The gun man who was said to be a member of a biker gang had a business dispute with the three brothers he ended up shooting which resulted to the death of one of them. Then he apparently killed himself after shooting them. The two injured brothers are now in a stable condition in the hospital. Three more hostages were able to escape unscathed after a six-hour stand-off at a sign-making business on the outskirts of Sidney, Australia on Monday morning. The shooter was identifies as Wayne Williams, a 33-year-old Finks outlaw motorcycle club member. The man he shot dead on the spot was Mick Bassal, 43-years-old.

Here's a link for more on the story:

http://news.sky.com/story/1654702/de...siness-dispute

Apparently, the incident happened in a factory. Some witnesses say that they have heard at least five gunfire shots. The two victims, like you said, are stable, although one is going to undergo surgery. I think your article is more up to date though since in this one, it doesn't state that the shooter is dead. All it says is that the shooter is still on the loose.

It's just I'm still a bit puzzled on the motive for the shooting though. And why did the shooter even kill himself in the end? Hmmm... I hope we can get more information on this news.
    A 43-year-old man was killed in a shooting that left two others wounded at a factory near Sydney, Australia; police have sent negotiators to confront the gunman, who remains at large.
    gracer likes this.

Comment

This is what happens when you let short-tempered men get hold of weapons. Perhaps the Australian government would do well to pass a legislation requiring those who seek to own guns to undergo neurotest before getting their license. Imagine if the world is full of short-tempered men with guns. This scenario would become the norm.
      gracer likes this.

Comment

The case is also a bit fuzzy for me right now because there was no statement as to what kind of business dispute the victims and the suspect had that could lead to this kind of crime. Thinking about the gunman's involvement in a gang also gives me the idea that this guy might have been under the influence of drugs when he took his victims on a siege. He might have already planned on killing himself even before he went to the place where the brothers were. These are just my hunch but I'm really hoping the victims would get an answer to why this man has committed such a heinous crime.

Comment

Damn, I wouldn't expect this from Australia of all places. The only time I've ever seen them on t.v was Masterchef Australia. But then again, all the world's most notorious criminals were sent there hundreds of years ago. Then there is Mad Max, which although fictional, gave me a different perspective on Australia. I guess people will be people, no matter where in the world we are. The difference between whether people will do things like this or not is one made by the local authorities.
          gracer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by gracer View Post
            The case is also a bit fuzzy for me right now because there was no statement as to what kind of business dispute the victims and the suspect had that could lead to this kind of crime. Thinking about the gunman's involvement in a gang also gives me the idea that this guy might have been under the influence of drugs when he took his victims on a siege. He might have already planned on killing himself even before he went to the place where the brothers were. These are just my hunch but I'm really hoping the victims would get an answer to why this man has committed such a heinous crime.
            There could be some money involved I guess because money is definitely difficult to let go of. Or you could be right, it could have been drugs. It could be a mixture of all different things. In reality, we cannot even know the truth except if these guys tell it to us. That's the thing with crimes, we don't know the whole truth especially if the other party is already dead. We can only know half the truth if only one party gives their experience about it. I just hope the investigators can unravel this mystery of a crime.
            gracer likes this.

Comment

Working...
            X