Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple people injured in shooting at a theater in Lafayette, Louisiana.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple people injured in shooting at a theater in Lafayette, Louisiana.

Three dead and 9 injured Read here for further information.
    Sources tell us there was a shooting at The Grand on Johnston. There are reports several people are injured; including the shooter themselves. We have a crew on scene.
    Diane Lane likes this.

Another tragedy caused by guns, I'd love to hear guns defenders about this one. Strange how the shooter died from a self-inflicted wound, how can this happen? Considering he started to fire randomly over the people I think it's fortunate only two other people were killed, it could have been far worse. I hope the 9 injured can recover fully.

Comment

This is such a shame. I love Lafayette, it's such a cute town, and I've enjoyed my trips there, although it's been a while. Here's a link to an updated version of the story, from CNN. It's odd that he had wigs and other disguises at his hotel room, I'm not sure what that's all about. The news is saying he was a drifter, so maybe he would use the disguises to pull scams or robberies.

John Russel Houser opened fire inside a movie theater in a Lafayette multiplex, killing two people and wounding nine before taking his own life.

Comment

And it's on the same day the previous nutjob is getting sentenced. The media coverage is to blame. They should not cover such stories.

Comment

Lafayette is such a beautiful place. This is such a horrible thing. I agree that the media should not cover these stories. Some of these whack jobs think that things like this make them "famous."

Comment

Incidents like these are happening far too often. More innocent people lose their lives as result of something they had no control.over. It is a scary world that we live in. We may never know his motive behind the shootings.

Comment

lin-duh, yes and the guy had parked his car outside so that he could escape unhurt but it didn't quite work out as police was quick to take action. He killed himself in the end.

Comment

It is quite scary how this often happens. But is it not customary that guards check if you have any weapons before entering a mall or even a theater? It is in our country. We even have these machines that can detect weapons. Sometimes even guard dogs are at the entrance. With this incident, security should be more strict and vigilant to have prevented this from happening.

Comment

Working...
                X