Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Active Shooter report at the Navy Yards (again).

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Terrorism] Active Shooter report at the Navy Yards (again).

There is a breaking report of an active shooter at the Washington Navy Yards, and the whole area is on lockdown. There is not much information yet about whether people have been shot, but the pictures show ambulances at the scene, a heavy police presence, and the report says that SWAT teams have been dispatched to the area.
    The Washington Navy Yard is the scene of a 2013 shooting that killed 12 people.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/02/politi...ity/index.html

Officials have now given an "all clear". As of this writing, there are no reported injuries. Details and news footage may be seen here.
    "Success is survival." ~ Leonard Cohen

Comment

it's kind of a weird pattern when we witness similar actions taken place on the similar conditions. I personally condemn these outrageous displays of cruelty and barbarism. No person is superior enough like to decide whether an individual deserves to die or not. It's disgusting when I wake to these news, our society is clearly on a cry for help, something must be done about it.

Comment

Originally posted by ASurvivor View Post
        Officials have now given an "all clear". As of this writing, there are no reported injuries. Details and news footage may be seen here.

Very thankful that were no injuries at all -- last time this happened it was extremely heart breaking to the entire nation. These people don't deserve to die for whatever reason that criminal thinks in his perspective.

Comment

According to the article, a worker reported to 911 about what he heard as gun shots. There was an immediate lockdown after the call. As of now, there is no evidence of a shooter or any victims.

Good thing that no one actually got hurt. They have probably increased the security in the area and also have made procedures to ensure that a repeat of the incident last 2013 would not happen again. I hope no more incidents like this happen there or in any other facilities.

Comment

I saw a headline of this, but not much afterwards. Glad no one was hurt. I'm sick of these incidents occurring, especially on places where our armed forces should be carrying weapons. They are trained to use many different weapons, and the law preventing them from carrying on bases and other military installations, should be revoked.

Comment

Working...
            X