Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISIS announcing they are planning new massive attacks in Europe

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a6832556.html
    Terrifying stuff. Merkel inviting everyone from the Middle East to come to Europe has resulted in a million people coming in over a single year and some of them are ISIS members or sympathizers. How is Western Europe going to deal with this thing? There's no way to stop terrorism from small, independent cells.

It really is frightening knowing that ISIS plans on launching another attack.:/ I guess the only way to stop them is to have countries united against them. We need to stand together and understand how threatening and massive ISIS is. We need to inform the people to be more vigilant and cautious. We need to inform possible recruits about the dangers of joining that group. We need to spread the word that terrorism is not something to be taken lightly. And that every possible suspect must be investigated thoroughly.

Comment

Originally posted by Briannagodess View Post
      It really is frightening knowing that ISIS plans on launching another attack.:/ I guess the only way to stop them is to have countries united against them. We need to stand together and understand how threatening and massive ISIS is. We need to inform the people to be more vigilant and cautious. We need to inform possible recruits about the dangers of joining that group. We need to spread the word that terrorism is not something to be taken lightly. And that every possible suspect must be investigated thoroughly.
      In theory these are things that would be very good to do... and wise, but I'm afraid that it wouldn't do very much good with a terrorism group this large and destructive. Many (possibly "most") countries already are united against them and it just seems to make them bolder.

I think everyone is already being cautious but with the worst of the terror cells, they know what everyone is watching for and deliberately choose something that no one is expecting... that's what makes it terrorism and... well, I just wish there'd be a way to at least make some headway with it, but I'm at a loss as to how that would be accomplished.

I think the worst thing is that it's not a traditional "war" setting... it's not an army with tanks and guns that are gathering someplace where another army could surround them and fight it out... they are infiltrating in so many places that a traditional "war" would never be an option.

Comment

What they want is for us to hate Muslims. They want to trick us into all being islamaphobic. They want us to think that every Muslim could be a terrorist and to open discriminate against them. They want the whole world to marginalized people of the Islamic faith. Then it will be much easier to bring the moderates over to their side, the side that believes in Sharia law and a Caliphate. Right now they are having a hard time recruiting educated moderate and liberal Muslims. But if we start to hate the educated moderate and liberal Muslims then it will be much easier for them.
        Don't for a second think ISIS is dumb, they are VERY smart and they have a very sophisticated propaganda campaign underway, and it hurts to see so many rational people playing right into it. They have been actually pretty open about it, they were saying years ago they were going to flood Europe with refugee's.
        Do your part to fight ISIS and terrorism, go befriend a Muslim near you.
        UnslaadKrosis likes this.

Comment

Whenever we hear or read about things like this, then it's obviously going to make us wary and even more concerned for our own safety, but at the same time, it's a sad state of affairs but I think we're expecting it, and it doesn't matter what ISIS say, we know another attack is coming.

As for people saying kick all Muslims out of the countries, while I think that is the obvious reaction people will have, not only is that impossible to do, it also would be doing exactly what ISIS want, creating an even bigger divide than what there is now.

Sadly, I don't think there is a short term answer to the dangers we're facing from ISIS, and if there is, I'm certainly not clever enough or powerful enough to come up with one.

Comment

Originally posted by Kate View Post

In theory these are things that would be very good to do... and wise, but I'm afraid that it wouldn't do very much good with a terrorism group this large and destructive. Many (possibly "most") countries already are united against them and it just seems to make them bolder.

I think everyone is already being cautious but with the worst of the terror cells, they know what everyone is watching for and deliberately choose something that no one is expecting... that's what makes it terrorism and... well, I just wish there'd be a way to at least make some headway with it, but I'm at a loss as to how that would be accomplished.

I think the worst thing is that it's not a traditional "war" setting... it's not an army with tanks and guns that are gathering someplace where another army could surround them and fight it out... they are infiltrating in so many places that a traditional "war" would never be an option.
            Goodness, when you say it that way, it makes me scared and shivering as well. I don't know...I do hope that it's not too late and we can stop them. After all, we've managed to stop other terrorist groups before. But like you said, ISIS just had become super infiltrated that it's hard to know where they've instilled their people. They have managed to put terror in places other than their own country even. So yeah, I just hope we are able to unite more than become more divided by these incidents.

Comment

Everybody will have to be extra vigilant since we have more ISIS sympathisers nowadays. Unless ISIS is completely destroyed then we should expect more attacks. Our governments have to do something if they want us to live peacefully. All countries must stand against ISIS if you we to make this world a better place.

Comment

Originally posted by Help212 View Post
                Everybody will have to be extra vigilant since we have more ISIS sympathisers nowadays. Unless ISIS is completely destroyed then we should expect more attacks. Our governments have to do something if they want us to live peacefully. All countries must stand against ISIS if you we to make this world a better place.
                True.... but I think that "doing something" you mentioned has to be *really* doing something... not slapping their hands and saying "naughty naughty ISIS, you behave!"

Now, I'm not saying I know how to do that... far from it, and it often seems impossible, but I assume there are ways to at least stop more from coming in to any given country. Sitting back and watching them destroy country by country shouldn't be one of the options, but it seems to be happening exactly that way.

Any creative ideas here on even a small step that could be done to assure at least a *little* more security?

Comment

This doesn't come as a surprise, and it's strange that people are still defending the Refugee incursion even with the risks it brings. A big step would be to close borders so terrorists posing as migrants won't be freaking entering the country unchecked.

Comment

Originally posted by zipedia View Post
                    This doesn't come as a surprise, and it's strange that people are still defending the Refugee incursion even with the risks it brings. A big step would be to close borders so terrorists posing as migrants won't be freaking entering the country unchecked.

And unfortunately, that's exactly what ISIS wants us to do. You can't 'check' for ISIS sympathy, it's an emotion, not a chunk of metal. And if we close our borders to the people who are fleeing terrible atrocities in their home countries in their hour of need based on their religion, it will have far-reaching and massive consequences. Remember that there are over a billion Muslims in the world, and a majority (upwards of 80%) hate ISIS as much as we do. If they start backing the group instead due to our intolerance, we will have a big problem to deal with.
                    BranTheScooterMan likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by UnslaadKrosis View Post

And unfortunately, that's exactly what ISIS wants us to do. You can't 'check' for ISIS sympathy, it's an emotion, not a chunk of metal. And if we close our borders to the people who are fleeing terrible atrocities in their home countries in their hour of need based on their religion, it will have far-reaching and massive consequences. Remember that there are over a billion Muslims in the world, and a majority (upwards of 80%) hate ISIS as much as we do. If they start backing the group instead due to our intolerance, we will have a big problem to deal with.
                      This is exactly it man. Most Muslims don't support ISIS, just like most Christians don't support the KKK.
                      ISIS and other terrorists are playing the long game. They have a strategy that covers decades. They have been working on this for a long time. Attack the West and trick the West into invading Muslim countries. They want regular moderate and liberal Muslims to be alienated around the world and have no choice but to move towards extremism just to find a place to live.

Anti-refugee policies is EXACTLY what they want! As for this idea that they are hiding terrorists in the refugee's doesn't really make sense if you actually understand the situation.
                      1) It has never been difficult for terrorists to get where they want to go, they don't need to "sneak" into countries.
                      2) Refugee's are properly screened already.
                      3) Most acts of terrorism come from DOMESTIC actors, people who were already in the country and became brainwashed. If we keep up this anti-Islam crusade then it's going to make it easier for them to do this.
                      4) ISIS needs fighters for it's current war in the middle east. That's why it's trying to get people from the west to come over and fight. They are not exporting fighters they are importing them.

Whenever I talk to people in real life about this I ask them one question.
                      "Do you Muslims are trying to come here to change our laws and make us all wear turbans?"
                      If they answer "YES" then I dismiss anything else they say because they clearly have zero clue as to what's actually going on.
                      (Muslims don't wear turbans, Sikhs do)
                      UnslaadKrosis likes this.

Comment

Living in the UK, I have a particular issue with number 2, as I don't think that the refugees ARE screened properly, not as far as this country is concerned anyway.

The UK government as only agreed to take genuine refugees from the camps based in and around Syria, but there's still thousnands that are trying to enter the country illegally. My worry is what is happening when they get here, and they immediately claim refugee status, so they are entitled to stay in this country while the authorities check if they're eligible to stay or not.

What happens though is that because of the backlog of applications,,it can take months, even years before they get looked at, and by that time they've disappeared and can't be found, even if they are found out to not be eligible to stay.
                        BranTheScooterMan likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by UnslaadKrosis View Post

That's why it's important for the 80% to step up with more importance. I haven't seen nearly enough of Muslim outrage over terrorist threats and it's still a very prevalent phenomenon without much care from the Muslim community; they only think about how it impacts them, and not others.

Comment

Originally posted by pwarbi View Post
                            Living in the UK, I have a particular issue with number 2, as I don't think that the refugees ARE screened properly, not as far as this country is concerned anyway.

The UK government as only agreed to take genuine refugees from the camps based in and around Syria, but there's still thousnands that are trying to enter the country illegally. My worry is what is happening when they get here, and they immediately claim refugee status, so they are entitled to stay in this country while the authorities check if they're eligible to stay or not.

What happens though is that because of the backlog of applications,,it can take months, even years before they get looked at, and by that time they've disappeared and can't be found, even if they are found out to not be eligible to stay.
                            Fair enough.
                            Well of course no one screen illegal migrants....
                            I 100% am in favour of kicking out illegal migrants no matter where they are from or what they claim.
                            That's not fair to the people who did things properly and followed the rules.

The one thing a lot of people forget is that for the most par, us in the developed world are not having enough children. It's called the "demographic time bomb" as we have a HUGE old population and a small young one. It's a problem because when these old folks go to retire we need young people to work and pay taxes to support them.
                            Which is why immigration actually REALLY important.

Comment

It sounds like I'm being racist here, or at the very least being argumentative for no reason, but I'm genuinely not, so bare with me!

You mention that people in the west aren't having enough children, and your right. Here in the UK the population is getting older and the birth rate is slowing down, but for me that's all the more reason to limit immigration even more.

If we carry on going like we are, statistics show that by 2020, an Englishman will be a minority in England and no matter how you look at it that can't be right. How would you like Americans to be a minority in your own country?

While limiting immigration doesn't make people want to have more children, what it does do is keep that particular country in the hands of its own people, and I think that's important.

Comment

Working...
                              X