No announcement yet.

The media seemed to have a double standard when it comes to terrorism

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DancingLady Peaceful ordinary Muslims who just want to have a peaceful life with their family also don't consider the Islamic terrorist as Muslim, yet they were also getting the blame. That's where the double standards happened. The Ramadan attacker in Tunisia did something against Muslim belief yet regular Muslims were also getting blamed from it.

Christian terrorists and other non Muslim terrorist are being hidden by the international news. There is a huge double standard with that. All groups have extremists, even the non religious ones. Heck there is a group of radical feminists who wants all men in the world to be killed and wanted to turn the world into this Lesbian Utopia were everyone are women and girls.
    Last edited by Billy; 07-30-2015, 02:39 PM.

Comment

A terrorist is a terrorist as another posted stated. It does not matter what group they are from. Their terrorism comes from misguidance and a sense of power over others, nothing more. The media has always had double standards the world over. They report based on bias ideas and nothing more. It is for the ratings. They give the majority what they want and not what they need. It has always been that way since the first newsletter came about. There are thousands upon thousands of stories that are omitted because they will not bring in the ratings but those stories are just as important as the ones they do report.
      Where there is an beginning, there is an end.
      Where there is an end, there is a new beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by KimberlyD View Post
        A terrorist is a terrorist as another posted stated. It does not matter what group they are from. Their terrorism comes from misguidance and a sense of power over others, nothing more. The media has always had double standards the world over. They report based on bias ideas and nothing more. It is for the ratings. They give the majority what they want and not what they need. It has always been that way since the first newsletter came about. There are thousands upon thousands of stories that are omitted because they will not bring in the ratings but those stories are just as important as the ones they do report.
        Personally, I believe one of the good things about the internet is the wide availability of news services. In years past, you just had three or four news channels to consume your news and were reliant upon a news director informing you of what was going on in the world. Today, you have thousands of choices and resources which make for a better informed consumer. Of course, there are still plenty of news stations/channels/websites that pander to their audience.

Comment

Yeah I know, there are news events in many countries that you won't see with CNN, the fox news,BBC and other Prime time news out there. Heck there are events that happens in certain American States that will not be reported on the National news. Internet indeed is a great place to find news you won't see in prime time but we have to be careful because some news on then internet were hoaxes. So we have to check the credibility of the website. I Met someone before who thought "The Onion" is real.
          Last edited by Billy; 08-01-2015, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dillinger10 View Post

Personally, I believe one of the good things about the internet is the wide availability of news services. In years past, you just had three or four news channels to consume your news and were reliant upon a news director informing you of what was going on in the world. Today, you have thousands of choices and resources which make for a better informed consumer. Of course, there are still plenty of news stations/channels/websites that pander to their audience.
            The internet is our saving grace where information is concerned. The problem is, most people stick to one thing or another and do not think or care to check around to confirm or deny one news stations claims verses another. So they remain ignorant of what is truly going on.
            Where there is an beginning, there is an end.
            Where there is an end, there is a new beginning.

Comment

This article is really eye opening:
              http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ven-close.html

That article basically reveals that in the last half decade only 2 percent of terrorist attacks in Europe were done by Muslims. I also remember a report that says only 6 percent of terrorist attacks in the US were done by Muslims. The statistics seemed to contradict with what the media is reporting. Most people I know have his assumption that all Muslims are terrorist. My family is basically a complete Islamophobe and I am the only one who told them terrorism comes in all shapes , colors and sizes.

There are terrorist groups that just wanted their region to secede from their country. There are terrorist groups that just want to rebel against their government. There are terrorist groups that kills to make money.

Comment

Working...
              X