ISIS Sex Slave Social and Cultural Crime Against Humanity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISIS Sex Slave Social and Cultural Crime Against Humanity

This is an ongoing situation, and it often isn't covered in depth, if at all, by the main stream media. This story talks about a covert effort to rescue those captured and enslaved by ISIS, who are then tortured, and used as sex slaves. ISIS derives profits from many sources, and this is just one of them. Some of these women and children are used and abused for sex by members of ISIS, and others are sold. This is an egregious crime against humanity, and I refuse to look the other way, and pretend it's not happening.
    Women and young girls held as sex slaves by depraved Islamic State militants are fleeing their captors with the help of a heroic underground network of resistance fighters.

It is really sad that some of those women volunteered to be on the situation because they were recruited online. I feel bad for the civilians who were caught in this situation. It is a good thing that even countries that were sworn enemies are now setting aside differences to destroy this threat. Non Muslim pedophiles are joining this group because they like the idea of being legal to marry someone under 18. It is really hard to believe that some people are sympathetic to their cause that they proudly support them.
    Diane Lane likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy View Post
      It is really sad that some of those women volunteered to be on the situation because they were recruited online. I feel bad for the civilians who were caught in this situation. It is a good thing that even countries that were sworn enemies are now setting aside differences to destroy this threat. Non Muslim pedophiles are joining this group because they like the idea of being legal to marry someone under 18. It is really hard to believe that some people are sympathetic to their cause that they proudly support them.

The ones who willingly join must be the most gullible people in the world, and are probably very needy emotionally. The majority of the sex slaves have been kidnapped, and did not go along willingly, or went in place of their children. It's a very sad situation, and it seems many don't care, or just don't want to talk about it.

Billy, Yes, it is good to see countries coming together to battle this plague. ISIS needs to be stopped, and they need to be swiftly punished, to set an example, so others don't follow their path.

Comment

• Billy
        Billy commented
        Editing a comment
        Most of the ladies who were recruited were either women who believed they will be trained to become soldiers only to realize they will be turned into sexslaves while the other girls were promised to be be treated like a princesses and be turned into a bride.

Most of the ones they kidnapped are underage girls.

This is an issue all over the world. Women are social slaves even within less oppressive nations and groups. This is the extreme of something very common. Women need to recognize submission and become intolerant of it. Western women are taught we are sex slaves and valued by their looks and how compliant they are with men. Even here in the US there are voluntary and involuntary sex slaves. Each of us needs to ask ourselves: How can we create more equality in the world?

Comment

People are blessed with the power of discretion. Instead of using discretion and common sense, why these fanatics force people to act upon religious decrees and fatwas. This ISIS and other Islamic fundamentalist organizations have become a curse to the whole world and it's time the world leaders got together and did something about the menace. It's so disgusting. Women have always been a vulnerable group and it's the duty of every society to save them from exploitation.
        Diane Lane likes this.

Comment

Here's a video on the subject that I watched last night. I like most of the PBS Frontline episodes. It's pretty disturbing, although it doesn't show anything we haven't seen before, no beheadings, rapes, etc.
          Gripping, first-hand accounts of women who escaped the brutal reign of ISIS.

Comment

• petesede
            petesede commented
            Editing a comment
            I think the media is not giving it much attention because it is such a small scale compared to the amount of sex trafficking that goes on in the world. The Super Bowl each year accounts for something like 1000 cases of sex trafficking including children who are forced into the city where the SB is being played.

I am not saying it should not be reported, or that any single event of sex trafficking is acceptable, but my opinion is that this is a political article where the goal is just to rally the will of the people against ISIS. If you really want to cut down on sex trafficking, go after the Super Bowl or World Cup,

petesede Sex trafficking is a whole other issue. I always do what I can to share information about it, and educate people whenever I can about the prevalence of it, particularly in large cities, where such events take place. The greater the demand, the greater the supply, unfortunately. The difference between ISIS and other sex trafficking is that ISIS consists of madmen with huge supplies of military grade weapons. They have, and will continue to, wipe out towns, and if they're successful, entire civilizations. Their goal is world domination and religious submission, which is entirely different from the financial profit and power-hungry motivation of most sex trafficking.

Comment

I agree completely. I was mostly just referring to your comment about the media not covering it. The media is not covering it because if you are an advocate against sex slavery and trafficking, there are much bigger stories to tell. I think the ISIS story would get less outrage about the sex slavery stuff, because like you said, these are madman, and most people understand and expect that they would do stuff like that. I am not disagreeing with you, just posting my thoughts on why the national media doesn´t talk about it.

Comment

Stories like these makes me sad because it's like we are back to the dark ages again.
              Reading about them on the news, I would honestly say that I am still not clear on what is the
              ISIS fighting for? Why are they doing those things.
              Diane Lane likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by May102014 View Post
                Stories like these makes me sad because it's like we are back to the dark ages again.
                Reading about them on the news, I would honestly say that I am still not clear on what is the
                ISIS fighting for? Why are they doing those things.

They are looking to create a Caliphate, or basically a state/country run with the strict rules of Islam. Many Muslims we encounter are more modernized, just as Christians and Jews are, rather than subscribing to the behaviors and moral codes of the middle ages. ISIS is looking to pull us all back into the past, to take over lands that are Muslim, but not Islamic enough for them (the women might drive, for example, or might not dress modestly enough, in their opinion), as well as eventually, other lands (such as the Yazidi villages, and Christian areas they've raided), and control all of us.

The video I posted above is excellent. Frontline/PBS does a great job, and it's less than an hour in length. It talks about the ISIS incursion into Yazidi villages, where most of the women were taken as sex slaves, many males were killed or driven out, and the young boys were taken with their sisters, mothers, and grandmothers. Many are still being held, and Middle Eastern Christians have also been kidnapped, raped, murdered, etc. It's important to educate ourselves about such situations, because ignorance is what helps groups such as ISIS to flourish.

Comment

This should be getting me re attention. Women and girls who are kidnapped or otherwise tricked into this are victims and need to be rescued. The more awareness we can get for them, the more likely those who have the means to rescue them will be made aware and moved to action. I wonder how many of these kidnapping victims are Christians?

Comment

• Diane Lane
                    Diane Lane commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thousands of Christians have been kidnapped and murdered or enslaved. The majority, if not all, of the ones in the video are Yazidi, they have their own religion, and ISIS considers them to be devil worshippers. Some Kurds have also been kidnapped, along with the others.

• DancingLady
                    DancingLady commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It seems only the Yazidi and Kirds get mentioned in the secular media though. I have noticed a district pattern of neglecting to mention that Christians are targeted or persecuted in any way really. They only mention non Christian people groups.

• Diane Lane
                    Diane Lane commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, you're right. Part of it could be because in this particular region, most of the victims are Yazidi, but large groups of Christians in the Middle East have been targeted, as well as in Africa. Thousands of Christians have been killed, thousands more are still kidnapped. I have heard about them because I follow news stories that cover these types of issues, but the mainstream media doesn't seem to like to talk about it, even though that's supposed to be their job. Their failure to do so is one reason so many no longer watch or listen to the mainstream news stations, and seek their information elsewhere, in search of the truth.

The real HEROES !!.If they can have a hollywood blockbuster on this,it will be a real good notion to rest back the trust factor on people.I do hope that this paper hasn't endangered anyone's life,by revealing any of their identity.
                  Diane Lane likes this.

Comment

Here's a story that talks about the kidnappings and rapes, as well as brainwashing of youth from western countries. It's unbelievable and unacceptable to me that someone who was raised in western society could look on, see this treatment, and accept it.

petesede I understand what you're saying, but the way these slaves are treated is much more egregious than how many others are treated. Although the numbers in this group might be smaller than in the worldwide sex trafficking industry, this, in my opinion, is the main story. This is how we can educate people about sex trafficking, and once the issue of ISIS has been resolved, then we can move on to civilian sex trafficking. It's difficult to hear stories of those who have been sex trafficked, because many are unwilling, or unable to speak, but these women are speaking out, and the things they have endured are reprehensible.
                    The Yazidi woman (pictured) recognised her captor's British accent - and after being shown pictures of potential Britons, she pointed to the one of Manchester schoolgirl Salma Halane.

Comment

I hope most Isis fighters will die in the hands of female Kurdish soldiers. In their belief being killed by a woman will send them to hell and they won't get their 72 virgins reward in afterlife. These abusers,killers and manipulators of innocent women should lose their lives in the hands of a woman. That will give justice to all the women and young girls, they kidnapped, raped and manipulated. I notice that ISIS targets the Yazidis the most.

I really hope that more of the girls and women they kidnapped will be rescued.
                      Last edited by Billy; 07-23-2015, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy View Post
                        I hope most Isis fighters will die in the hands of female Kurdish soldiers. In their belief being killed by a woman will send them to hell and they won't get their 72 virgins reward in afterlife. These abusers,killers and manipulators of innocent women should lose their lives in the hands of a woman. That will give justice to all the women and young girls, they kidnapped, raped and manipulated. I notice that ISIS targets the Yazidis the most.

I really hope that more of the girls and women they kidnapped will be rescued.

I have heard that, Billy about their beliefs. There are also females in the IDF, as well, and I believe in the Iraqi forces, also. Yes, in this instance, they are targeting the Yazidis, but have also targeted Christians, Kurds, Jews, and also Muslims that don't adhere to the same views on Islam that they do. This is a radical minority that is gunning to control all others, and suppress other views and religions by whatever means are necessary, including kidnapping, sexual dominance via rape, procreation via rape, slavery, polygamy, murders via the usual methods, of course, such as bombings, shootings, and also stoning, tossing people (gays, that I know of, but maybe others, as well) off buildings, and beheading. This is going on in the Middle East, as well as Africa, and they have called for lone wolf believers to commit acts of terrorism throughout the world, so none of us is safe.

Comment

Working...
                        X