Child terrorism

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child terrorism

I chose this thread title to emphasize the looming problem in our country. Many incidents have occurred and all seen on CCTV as per the news reports that children are engaged in hooliganism, i.e. fomenting violence by engaging in regular rumbles and melees. Regular means every night. Can you take that? As I had seen on tv last night, kids as young as 9 up to age 18 are engaging in some sort of gang war - throwing stones, glass, and other hard objects to their enemies on the other side. And the venue? Right there in the boulevard, a main thoroughfare. What's pathetic is that the cops wouldn't lift a finger to arrest because those children are protected by the child law to mean they cannot be arrested and be jailed. Stupid law.

A simple effective terrorist strategy. Killing children is more effective than killing adults. Sad as it is.During WWII they executed Hitler youth. it was not one but two atomic bombs on Japanese civilians killing thousands of children. This is nothing new or unique.It may sound awry sad or whatever it is,identify the Zones with potential terrorists,bomb the hell outta it.

I might be wrong,but it just struck me at it.How long are we still going to think that,those kids will become engineers/doctors.They are in bad company and it is quite obvious,they will evolve badly.

Comment

I've seen this happen before. Well, not in real life but in the movie "Blood Diamond". It clearly depicts what those children go through and how helpless they really are. There is a special place in hell for these kind of people, if you can call them that...

Comment

Originally posted by bala View Post
        A simple effective terrorist strategy. Killing children is more effective than killing adults. Sad as it is.During WWII they executed Hitler youth. it was not one but two atomic bombs on Japanese civilians killing thousands of children. This is nothing new or unique.It may sound awry sad or whatever it is,identify the Zones with potential terrorists,bomb the hell outta it.

I might be wrong,but it just struck me at it.How long are we still going to think that,those kids will become engineers/doctors.They are in bad company and it is quite obvious,they will evolve badly.
        Your statement on killing children made me laugh. Last night when we were watching the street rumble in the news, that's what I commented to my wife - those kids should be killed now because what would they be when they grow up? That is true, they could be hardened criminals who would sow terror in the otherwise peaceful street. And I also agree that those kids can never be successful in life simply because they are substance abusers too.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandoy View Post

Your statement on killing children made me laugh. Last night when we were watching the street rumble in the news, that's what I commented to my wife - those kids should be killed now because what would they be when they grow up? That is true, they could be hardened criminals who would sow terror in the otherwise peaceful street. And I also agree that those kids can never be successful in life simply because they are substance abusers too.
          Thanks buddy,for seconding that.We should take a chance because that might even prove to curb up on this complete nuisance.
          it will be hard though,but when you "rotten" seeds are being planted,do you think it will grow up to be a fruit yielding tree.?
          That is the case with these children.

Comment

I Billy Boy,

Proudly declare that I will home school my kids when I become a parent because a lot of those kids learned their hooliganism and rebellion on school. They will do everything to fit it with their peers. Not gonna happen in my household. My future sons and daughters will be raised to become leaders instead of rebellious angry whipper snappers who are obsessed on becoming "gangsta" and cool. School is a cruel place that creates bullies and bullied kids.

Comment

Speaking of childhood terrorism, I just read this Reuters article commenting on the news that a 14-year-old by from Austria was sentenced to two-years in jail after pleading guilty to terrorism charges. The 14-year-old boy downloaded bomb-making plans onto his Playstation video game console, researched how to build a bomb and made contact with militants supporting the Islamic State jihadist group in Syria.

It is my understanding that ISIS are recruiting through social media these days and so unfortunately, anyone with internet access has the ability to be corrupted by terrorists, especially those at such a formative age.

Comment

It is very alarming to know that these children grew up thinking and acting this way. Perhaps the lack of parental guidance and care is one main factor that could explain this terroristic behavior. It's true that in our country, a lot of criminal acts are done by minors like killing and raping and to think, these are very brutal and heinous crimes.

Comment

Alexandoy and ellajanelle

The both of you know why these kids are acting this way. The Philippines government and system has failed their people. There are so many kids running the street, many orphaned, and they rob and steal from everyone and anyone. The government doesn't care and won't spend the money to do so. Forget about PNP, Philippine National Police. They don't want to get their uniforms dirty.

There is no proper institution for these kids to go to if they are picked up by the cops. They are treated like adults and thrown into a regular jail. But that is not what usually happens, because if they are in jail that means they have to be fed. The city doesn't want to pay for that either.

http://www.unicef.org/philippines/children/jj_1.html

Comment

Yeah , mostly there are lots of teenagers under the custody of the DOH and DSWD. As for their crimes, they can't just go to jail because they are too young. Base on the law, a child cannot go to jail if he/she is not on legal age rather he/she would be under the custody of the DSWD here in the Philippines. There are lots of child terrorism in the country and even worldwide, watching the streets of LA or Brooklyn streets, we can lots of gangsters, young ones that engages in child terrorism. The act of these children are very out of the human value that makes them dangerous to face.

Comment

Originally posted by Jade Mae View Post
                      Yeah , mostly there are lots of teenagers under the custody of the DOH and DSWD. As for their crimes, they can't just go to jail because they are too young. Base on the law, a child cannot go to jail if he/she is not on legal age rather he/she would be under the custody of the DSWD here in the Philippines. There are lots of child terrorism in the country and even worldwide, watching the streets of LA or Brooklyn streets, we can lots of gangsters, young ones that engages in child terrorism. The act of these children are very out of the human value that makes them dangerous to face.

I've seen both sides of the world and I can tell you now that the Philippines has a bigger problem then the USA when it comes to child welfare. Look at the articles that I just posted. I have more for you if you want to see where they put the street kids when the pope was in town.

This is what they do to homeless kids. They lock them up in cages so the pope doesn't see them walking around. True, the USA needs to do a better job to protect and provide for the homeless. It is not a perfect system, but they do not cage little kids for the sake of saving face. I can go out side right now and a little homeless kids will run up begging for food. But I can't give him any because it is against the law to give anything to beggars. The cops here can arrest you for giving anything to beggars.

A MailOnline investigation has found children being kept in horrendous conditions - some even being chained to posts - in detention centres across Manila, despite many committing no crime.
                      dillinger10 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshPosh View Post

I've seen both sides of the world and I can tell you now that the Philippines has a bigger problem then the USA when it comes to child welfare. Look at the articles that I just posted. I have more for you if you want to see where they put the street kids when the pope was in town.

This is what they do to homeless kids. They lock them up in cages so the pope doesn't see them walking around. True, the USA needs to do a better job to protect and provide for the homeless. It is not a perfect system, but they do not cage little kids for the sake of saving face. I can go out side right now and a little homeless kids will run up begging for food. But I can't give him any because it is against the law to give anything to beggars. The cops here can arrest you for giving anything to beggars.
                        That is absolutely shocking and heartbreaking all at once. I feel so many emotions after reading that article, including anger and sadness. I can't believe that they are caged like this for simply sleeping on the streets or begging for food. That is unconscionable. Those poor children are treated worse than wild, feral animals. Thank you for sharing this article and really opening my eyes to this atrocity.

Comment

Child terrorism was started by wars. I had seen photos of kids as young as 8 holding not just a gun but a machine gun. Do you remember the young Palestines? The kids in Libya and Lebanon? They are rebels all right but they would be growing up to be terrorists. The effect of guns on the young is that they are like shell shocked soldiers from war. Those kids would grow to be trigger happy with the idea that life is cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by dillinger10 View Post
                            Speaking of childhood terrorism, I just read this Reuters article commenting on the news that a 14-year-old by from Austria was sentenced to two-years in jail after pleading guilty to terrorism charges. The 14-year-old boy downloaded bomb-making plans onto his Playstation video game console, researched how to build a bomb and made contact with militants supporting the Islamic State jihadist group in Syria.

It is my understanding that ISIS are recruiting through social media these days and so unfortunately, anyone with internet access has the ability to be corrupted by terrorists, especially those at such a formative age.

My Gosh,How on earth do they find people ?
                            Like,i know it is a vicious circle,but how are kids like these getting trapped to their plans,mindsets ?
                            He is just 14 and if he can learn to make a bomb at this age,i reckon what he will be 10-20 yrs down the lane.

As they say,maybe kids should be put up under "Parental Control" on the internet too.That sounds like an ideal way to not let them stray far.

Comment

Originally posted by bala View Post

My Gosh,How on earth do they find people ?
                              Like,i know it is a vicious circle,but how are kids like these getting trapped to their plans,mindsets ?
                              He is just 14 and if he can learn to make a bomb at this age,i reckon what he will be 10-20 yrs down the lane.

As they say,maybe kids should be put up under "Parental Control" on the internet too.That sounds like an ideal way to not let them stray far.
                              This article penned by CNN takes an inside look into ISIS's $2 billion (yes, billion with a b!) budget to recruit teenagers which includes the usage of social media.

This article published by Complex explains that ISIS are creating high-definition films shot with drones and DSLR camera's, complete with 3D graphics, musical stores and laden with blood acts of violence which resonate with teenagers and the YouTube generation. It looks as though they also try to appeal to younger teenagers by posting pictures of cats and giving out toys to children.

Comment

Working...
                              X