A little bit of good news...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little bit of good news...

What a breath of fresh air to hear a little bit of good news in recent days.... Over 200 girls and over 90 women rescued in Nigeria. I'll take it! http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/04...ed-forces-say/ So thankful for each life that is saved.
    fcphdJim likes this.

Something positive at last! I do hope that the missing schoolgirls are amongst the females who have been rescued. Well done to the Nigerian troops, let's hope they can continue to protect their country from the evil of Boko Haram.

Comment

This is definitely really good news. It is also good news in that it appears that Nigeria's President elect Muhammadu Buhari seems to be willing to make more waves than Goodluck Jonathan. This would be a very welcomed development.

Comment

Congratulations to the Nigerian Army.Very happy to be reading this..Heartfelt thanks and happy for what they have done but this is only half the work and amounts to only half the happiness quotient,the other half would be an easy guess,Eliminating Boko Haram.

Comment

I feel so happy for Nigeria. Did you actually know that Nigeria is among the top 50 countries interms of GDP, though terrorism is one of the reason why the economy of that country is going down. But at least there is hope under the new government of president Muhammadu Buhari.
          missbishi likes this.

Comment

Praise the Lord!!! That is probably the first good news I have heard in months from Nigeria.

Comment

Originally posted by dannixx55 View Post
              I feel so happy for Nigeria. Did you actually know that Nigeria is among the top 50 countries interms of GDP, though terrorism is one of the reason why the economy of that country is going down. But at least there is hope under the new government of president Muhammadu Buhari.

I had no idea about that at all. Nigeria certainly deserves a change of fortunes so hopefully, Buhari can bring about the changes that are so depsparately needed.

Comment

Nigeria has really seen a major increase in GDP per capita in the last decade. In fact, their GDP per capita has almost tripled since 2009 (1,090.75USD vs 3,005.51USD).

Graph Copyright: Trading Economics

Comment

There was more good news today as AFP reports that Nigerian troops have rescued 160 more hostages from Boko Haram's Sambisa Forest stronghold. Among those rescued were 60 women of various ages and around 100 children.

Unfortunately, the article does state that one woman and one solider was killed in the fighting while eight other rescued hostages were also injured.

Comment

There is further good news to report as The AFP reports that troops in Nigeria have freed another 234 women and children from Boko Haram's stronghold in the Sambisa forest. This now brings the total number of women and children rescued to 500 over the last week.

It is, however, still not clear if any of the 219 girls that were kidnapped in April 2014 from their school aere among the freed hostages.

Comment

I know those girls are scarred for life but I hope they will be able to recover and manage to stay strong after this hardship. Someone should give them psychological support because being kidnapped by these heartless demons is no joke. I hope these girls won't give up on their dreams despite of what they have been through, I hope they will be back to their loving families.

Comment

That really is wonderful news! It goes deeper than just all those lives saved, too. It'll give the people a boost in their morale. That can make such a huge difference in how they handle themselves against the terroroists

Comment

Thank goodness there's good news alas! It's not a good thing to stay negative but with all the terrorist attacks as portrayed in the news, I can't help but feel a diminishing sense of hope for peace. I wonder when all these will end or if there is an end... It's so sad to think how some men actually have the guts to hurt and kill women and children. It's inhumane.

Comment

I hope Boku Haram will be ended once and for all. I think Nigeria practices death penalty to murderers so I want their executioner to be a woman. On their beliefs, being killed by a woman will send them to hell. They harmed so many women and girls so an woman should do the punishing. I am sure the punishment of being killed by a woman will put them in a log of fear. Female executioners maybe the key to have many young men get discouraged from joining them.

Comment

This news definitely gives some relief to us that God is still there working for us. Rescuing nearly 300 girls and woman definitely demands a lot of planning and guts. Hats off to Nigerian troops. Let's pray for the safety of those girls who are missing till now.

Comment

Working...
                              X