Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have You Ever Considered Volunteering For The Medical Reserve Corps?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have You Ever Considered Volunteering For The Medical Reserve Corps?

The Medical Reserve Corps is a program that is overseen by the CDC, and acts as a bridge between law enforcement / the military and local hospitals during times of emergency. The organization accepts both community members and medical professionals. Have you ever seen disaster preparedness exercises where people pretend to be injured and a drill is ran? The medical reserve corps runs these drills with local medical professionals and the military and police to fine tune a solid infrastructure during times of danger. If you are interested you could contact your local CDC and ask for information about volunteering for the Medical Reserve Corps.

My skill set is more geared toward technical volunteering (e.g., information technology, wireless communications, etc.), so this one wouldn't be a personal pick. However, it is a good program and if one is inclined to volunteer in the medical field, it is worth checking out. When the proverbial S hits the fan, there is going to be a lot of need for medical staff.
    "Success is survival." ~ Leonard Cohen

Comment

Well, if you ever want to have some fun, you can just volunteer to be a pretend victim. You do not have to be a member of the medical reserve corps for that. You are given a scenario, an then made to look severely injured and get to play the role so that the medical reserve corps can learn. To do it at least once is a very educational experience.
      ASurvivor likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Romana View Post
        Well, if you ever want to have some fun, you can just volunteer to be a pretend victim. You do not have to be a member of the medical reserve corps for that. You are given a scenario, an then made to look severely injured and get to play the role so that the medical reserve corps can learn. To do it at least once is a very educational experience.
        I've seen the type of training exercises you mentioned. That would be kind of fun to ham it up as a victim. And if those being so trained sharpen there skills, all the better.
        Romana likes this.
        "Success is survival." ~ Leonard Cohen

Comment

Hello there. I haven't done volunteering for the medical reserve corps, but one my friends have shared his great experience of volunteering with mission humanitiare, where the volunteers visited the area where people are suffering due to natural disaster and helped them by providing them the basic things for survival and helped the victims . Hearing this experience, I am also planning to join mission humanitiare as a volunteer and help the needy people. You can also see this site and join with me as a volunteer.

Comment

Working...
          X