Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Flag with rainbow colored stripes being flown at Arizona USAF Base !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Flag with rainbow colored stripes being flown at Arizona USAF Base !

An American flag with 50 stars and rainbow stripes is now being flown at an Air force base in Arizona. The office of Public Affairs has authorized the flying of this flag at the military base.
    it is one thing for people to display one of the regular glbt flags, and totally another thing to take the official flag of the United States of America and turn it into a gay pride flag, or anything else but the designated stars and stripes. And to display it at one of our military bases is even worse !
    I wonder how our patriotic Air Force servicemen feel about seeing our flag desecrated like this ? I hope that there is enough objection to this that the Air Force Base has to remove it.

http://www.tpnn.com/2015/07/09/u-s-a...-arizona-base/
    Last edited by Tumbleweed; 07-11-2015, 06:26 AM.
    ASurvivor, Zyni and 2 others like this.

its a disgrace to the United States of America. and they should just burn that flag.If what they go by is "LGBT soldiers have fought and died for the flag",yes they did,but projecting the entire flag in their "honor is a disgrace to the entire nation".
    Totally sick !!

Comment

I think this is going a bit too far. There are times when topics are mentioned and everyone listens and then moves on and there are topics that are almost shoved down our thoughts by the media. I think things like this need to be cooled down and better controlled since there can be some kind of clash between people.

Comment

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the LGBT flag but there is a time and a place for everything and outside a military base is not one of them.

Not because it is a "gay" flag (a "straight" flag would be equally distasteful), but because it essentially celebrates sexuality. This has no place outside any official building.

Comment

Originally posted by missbishi View Post
          There is absolutely nothing wrong with the LGBT flag but there is a time and a place for everything and outside a military base is not one of them.

Not because it is a "gay" flag (a "straight" flag would be equally distasteful), but because it essentially celebrates sexuality. This has no place outside any official building.
          Exactly,Sexuality and nationalism are two different matters.Its a personal preference.Its like projecting the entire nation towards it.They can show who they are and what sexuality they belong to without messing with the flag right ??

Comment

Originally posted by missbishi View Post

This is exactly how I feel. I couldn't have worded it better myself. There is a time and a place for everything and I don't think the military base is the place. They should be flying the flag that represents the country they are serving. This is showing disrespect to the US flag. Flying their own flag is one thing but altering a flag that represents your country is a entirely different matter.

Comment

No matter wha your opinion on the gay pride issue might be, I think this is disrespectful because it has nothing to do with what the flag really stands for. How can we, a nation with religious freedom written in our laws, basically imply that all members of our military must uphold the values of the gay prude movement, even if it is contradictory to their religious beliefs. Christians, Jews and Muslims and perhaps others I am not aware of all have teachings saying homosexuality is wrong.

Comment

Working...
              X