Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Locations of All Active Nuclear Reactors in the U.S.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locations of All Active Nuclear Reactors in the U.S.

I had the most interesting discussion with my father today. I was telling him about this forum and all the great information contained herein, when somehow we got started talking about nuclear power plant disasters. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks... I absolutely had no clue even where the nearest power plant is located from me! I just cant believe that I have never researched this before. When thinking about disasters and being prepared, this is a big one that everyone should be ready for!

I have posted a link below that shows the locations of all of the active nuclear power plants in the U.S. Please check it out, the more we know the better prepared we can be.

http://www.nrc.gov/info-finder/reactor/

Since this forum is for worldwide audience, here's a link for locations of the nuclear reactors world wide. It always pays to be aware.
    IrishHeather likes this.

Comment

Well, that link shows the danger zones, right? Perhaps we can take time to study the history of those nuclear reactors to come up with statistics like the age of the plant, the mishaps that occurred in that plant, even the non-accident record of that plant. With that information, we can determine how a nuclear reactor plant can be safe and safer to use. Here in our country, we have a nuclear plant that was made by Westinghouse in the 1970s that was not used although still extisting now.
      IrishHeather likes this.

Comment

I am so grateful I do not live near one. I really wish we didn't use nuclear power, here or anywhere else. The dangers may be considered reasonably small, but they consequences are so long lasting I don't see how it can be considered worth the risk. I was very happy when the one nearest me was shut down years ago.
        IrishHeather likes this.

Comment

On a global scenario too,the need for energy is a notch higher.There are now over 440 commercial nuclear power reactors operating in 30 countries, with 377,000 MWe of total capacity. They provide about 14% of the world's electricity as continuous, reliable base-load power, and their efficiency is increasing.
          Though they are a threat to a potential disaster,they still will be havign the requisite safety measures and are a necessary evil until we find a new source of energy.
          IrishHeather likes this.

Comment

Working...
          X