No announcement yet.

Would you approve if your son/daughter decided to join the Military

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodness, I cannot even think about this yet since my son is just about to turn two years old! I am quite the protective mother but I do know that he has to learn to be independent. That being said, it will be up to him if he wants to join the military. I love him and would not want him to be in any danger. But I also wouldn't want to stand in the way of his dreams. If he becomes resentful of me, I think that would just break my heart more. So there's nothing more that I can do but pray and pray for his safety.

Comment

As a person who volunteers to a lot of third world countries, my dad said to me that he would support me and even commend me if I went to a military path. However, he was uneasy about combat roles and I think that is my attitude towards my children should I have some. Military is a great way to help both our country and other countries as well but I am not sure if I am able to risk the life of someone I love to do those great deeds. In the end, though I would let my children decide what's best for themselves.

Comment

Yes I can allow them to join the military even though terrorist attacks are on the rise. There is no work that is safe nowadays. We've heard of pilots die through crashes. We loss thousands of people on our roads, daily. Which means that they is no need of you being selective to what your kids may want to pursue. If you can allow them to be cooks then you can also allow them to join the military.

Comment

If my children were adults, I would let them do whatever they desired with there lives. If they wanted to join the military I would not stop them but allow them to do as they please. Most people fear joining the military because they think that they are going to due in their lines of duty, but I think that if your time to die has come, you can die from anywhere even though you are not military. To me being in the military is a profession like any other.

Comment

I don't have kids, but I would approve if my kids ever wanted to become a part of the military. In essence there's really nothing I can do to stop them because they are able to make that choice after a certain age. If anything I would give them advice for the future.

Comment

If my child were passionate about joining the military, it would not be my place to decide if they should join or not. I would be supportive if they felt they were called to serve the country, even with all of the conflicts going on. Part of the military 's job is to go to war and resolve conflicts, as well as providing aid. War is an unfortunate event, but we need soldiers to fight the battles, and if my child were to feel that he or she wanted to engage, I would support their decision. I say they because I have a son and a daughter. We would talk about the choice and I would worry as a parent because no parent wants to get the horrible knock on their door that their child was killed in battle, but at least I could take comfort in knowing the died for a good cause.

Comment

Working...
              X