American Red Cross in Nepal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KimberlyD View Post
    Oh I'm sure there are just as many evils as there is good in many of these organizations. That is why I prefer to give my donations directly as opposed to through organizations. Then I know for fact my donations are reaching where they are suppose to go. Not to mention, many times the issues come from all the red tape they are required to get through which causes a lot of issues too. Through direct donations, there is less red tape to deal with.
    I so agree. It is sad (for want of a better word) that the only way we can be sure our donations, whether it be monetary or otherwise, actually go to the intended recipients is if we do so directly and physically see it with our own eyes. Trusting charities to do the right thing is becoming harder and harder due to the increase in corruption, scandals and misappropriated funds that are being reported on an almost weekly basis. Worse yet is that it is those in desperate need of assistance that suffer the consequences.

Comment

The ones I worry the most about are those that are government run. Those are the ones that show the most corruption. Private entities are not so bad but corruption is seen in those areas also. I wonder if there is any organization that is true to their cause anymore.
      Where there is an beginning, there is an end.
      Where there is an end, there is a new beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by KimberlyD View Post
        The ones I worry the most about are those that are government run. Those are the ones that show the most corruption. Private entities are not so bad but corruption is seen in those areas also. I wonder if there is any organization that is true to their cause anymore.
        I completely agree and it is such a sad situation and it grieves people because they're supposed to protect them instead!

Comment

India leads the quake relief to Nepal, being the immediate neighbor. Her military and medical teams landed special teams in Kathmandu and evacuated many marooned people and saved thousands of people. Among other major players, US gave an aid of $10 million and deployed more than 50 of its personnel. China too does its bit while many other countries poured in with aid. The country's capital has been ravaged and should take several years to rebuild.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/04/27/as...ake-india-aid/

Comment

India has been getting more involved in world affairs of late. Even after the problems they had had they seem to be coming up lately. The Nepal devastation was pretty extensive and they believe it will take years for them to recover.
            Where there is an beginning, there is an end.
            Where there is an end, there is a new beginning.

Comment

Helping others and showing empathy, are particular areas where we need to push for more progress, there are so many needy people eager to have a life-changing event take place in their lives, things are not as achievable for anyone but if we come together and help carry each others' burden, many more can have a promising future filled with justice and rewarding achievements. I personally applaud the hardworking task the red cross is doing for these brothers and sisters in Nepal. Their actions serve as a example of the kind of people we should be more as.

Comment

Working...
              X