Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Military bases raising the protection level all across the United States.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military bases raising the protection level all across the United States.

Military bases have raised their security protection level to "bravo" , which is just above "alpha" level of security. The reports says that it is not due to any special situation; but due to the need for heightened security in all of the military bases. Here at The Redstone Arsenal, they have implemented a new security scan, which automatically does a background check on any person that is trying to come on the post that does not have a security clearance. Before, they just checked ID and pretty much let people go through the gates as long as there was not any kind of a problem visible.

http://www.whio.com/news/news/wright...#__federated=1

I wasn't surprised to hear last night that Fort Hood had increased their security, because I knew it was going to happen, but i'd forgotten that Ellington Field was also considered a terrorism target. People used to be able to drive through without any problem, the roads were open, with no security gates, at least where I drove. I'd gone there for a few NASA Astronaut crew returns, but I haven't been there in a while, and it's been stepped up to a joint reserve base now. I sure hope the people in power are keeping a good watch on ISIS, as well as anyone else who might try to attack us.

Comment

Since ISIS has claimed to have trained terrorists in at least 10 (or more) of our states; it is definitely a good thing that we are upping the security at all of the military bases. Even though there might not be any specific threats right now, the general overall chances of an attack are greatly increasing as more and more terrorists from other countries come in across the Mexican Border.
      Even though we have found and caught some of them; who knows how many other ones have come across, unknown to our border security.

Comment

I think this could be a warn signl even for Europe becuse usually this kind of action prelude an imminent attack or something along that line. I would stau in a high level of warning nowdays because of this ISIS threat and moreover I'd start to take some precuations against people that comes from country to be known as allied of ISIS.

Comment

Originally posted by Tumbleweed View Post
          Since ISIS has claimed to have trained terrorists in at least 10 (or more) of our states; it is definitely a good thing that we are upping the security at all of the military bases. Even though there might not be any specific threats right now, the general overall chances of an attack are greatly increasing as more and more terrorists from other countries come in across the Mexican Border.
          Even though we have found and caught some of them; who knows how many other ones have come across, unknown to our border security.
          That has always been my biggest concern with not tightening up our borders. It's impossible to know who is coming through, how many, when, where. Any enemy can see that our border with Mexico would be the easiest way to gain access. I think raising the security level overall makes good sense.

I realize there is a lot of area to cover, but it seems like there has to be a better way to protect our borders. Can't they automate some of it?

Comment

Working...
          X