Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAE will soon be testing "robocops" in Dubai.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyler View Post
    I don't think that will ever be achieved. It's impossible. Firstly, Technology is limited and it doesn't take a brilliant mind to figure that out, only basics in computer science would make you arrive at that conclusion. You could only do with whatever tools is available to you within the world of computer science, there is absolutely no way they could develop that within a few years only because algorithms would not have been invented in that short amount of time.
    True. I Do agree with your thought. Maybe the machine they are just doing are just an assistants on doing paper works on the police station. This would be beneficial and robocops are good also for redirecting tourists and the ones aiding directions. As for robocops to arrest people and to be part of operation, it is impossible. This is not like the movie Chappie, in real life ... its very difficult and its impossible to create a robot that has its own consciousness, the creator would be like God if someone could .. I tell you, its impossible .

Comment

funny enough when I read the article I wasn't stroke by the facts but happy to live in a generation where such advancements are taking place on a regular basis. Dubai, being the land of prosperous and wealthy people, seems to be quite a strategic and suitable place to start practicing with these robots. Negativity takes us nowhere and In all honesty I'd like to witness those mind-boggling changes now that I'm alive and opened to new adaptations.

Comment

I could see them automating vehicles, but with real officers in the cab.

Comment

I think robots can be a huge help in most cases. Their makers should just make sure that they are not armed or have any tasks that can harm others. Also, there should be a button that can quickly stop them in case a situation arises that compromises civilians near them. Maybe they should also have a weakness that only the creators know just in case they act up or become dangerous.

Comment

Yes, it can be a turning point in modern technology. If this becomes successful we can depute such robots in risky situations like earthquakes, floods etc. where a normal human is helpless. But we need to be extra careful that the control of these robots does not fall on wrong hands like terrorists. We can also expect terrorists coming out with their own robots for their operations. That will be a very risky situation then.

Comment

As of yet it's really hard to picture what their work is going to be like. I doubt they will ever investigate anything. That seems impossible.

Comment

Working...
              X