Attack on Titan Posters Will Help You in Natural Disasters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attack on Titan Posters Will Help You in Natural Disasters

This is a little ingenious method that Japan is using to bring awareness of natural disasters to their youth. They are attacking them using an anime poster called Attack on Titan. I think we should use a similar method in other countries also. It appeals to children and helps them to be more aware of situations and how to prepare and manage a disaster situation. Wonder when a video game is going to come out next. LOL
    Where there is an beginning, there is an end.
    Where there is an end, there is a new beginning.

It will just have impact on the youngsters nah.?,animes are often a big hit with children right.?
    or they do they want to inculcate the habit right from start ? Would be a great idea to impart for the school children,right at the tender age.

Comment

• Billy
      Billy commented
      Editing a comment
      Attack on Titan is not a show for children though. It is too violent and it has a lot of nudity from monsters with no sex organs. It is a good show but it will be traumatizing to make kids watch it because it is not for the faint of the heart. It's major fanbase are adults and grown up teenagers. I watch this show but I won't recommend it for kids. It will scar them for life.

Anything that helps provide more awareness is a good thing, in my opinion. I don't know how many it will reach, but every one it does reach counts. '

Oh, I think a video game would be a brilliant idea! I also think it would appeal to more than just kids.

Comment

They could have gone for something more kid friendly like Doraemon or Ponyo. I mean Attack on Titan is a very adult oriented violent show. All the gore, violence and dark themes of this show will be too depressing and traumatizing for kids. Maybe the real target of this campaign are teenagers. Attack on Titan is the last show I would like kids to watch. This is one of the most gruesome show I have ever watched and it's story is way too tragic.
      Last edited by Billy; 05-19-2015, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy View Post
        They could have gone for something more kid friendly like Doraemon or Ponyo. I mean Attack on Titan is a very adult oriented violent show. All the gore, violence and dark there of this show will be too depressing and traumatizing for kids. Maybe the real target of this campaign are teenagers. Attack on Titan is the last show I would kids to watch. This is one of the most gruesome show I have ever watched and it's story is way too tragic.

I haven't watched the anime myself, but If this is true then the Japanese Government should know better. Intentions were good, but implication was bad.

Comment

To the Japanese, there is not much difference. Ever seen some of their anime's? They can be very adult orientated. The ones we see in the US are tamed down for kids but the original is usually much more raunchy. LOL

Comment

You can use that kind of info dissemination campaign only if you're appealing to the better judgment of children. I don't think it will work for adults, though. Maybe in Japan, it's an effective approach. In other countries, however, only a portion of the population watches animes so the strategy may breed different results.

Comment

I think that poster directed at children is an effective method for raising awareness. Especially now with the power of the social media, sharing of information is easier. Here in our country, tv is still the most effective medium and the social media in the internet ranks only second. But those posters when converted into huge billboards that would inhabit the main thoroughfares, I guess it is a more efficient means of disseminating information.

Comment

I think also brings awareness to the parents as they try to answer the questions their children have about the poster. The parent wanting to answer the question may look into it and learn things they never thought to find out about before hand.

Comment

Working...
                X