Japan commits 4 billion dollars for disaster prevention around the world

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japan commits 4 billion dollars for disaster prevention around the world

Japan has committed to provide 4 billion dollars in the coming four to reduce the number of disaster victims and their suffering around the world. The announcement, made at the 3rd World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction in SENDAI, Japan, on March 14. This is good news for countries like Vanautu and Angola which are going through serious disaster crises. Read more at http://www.trust.org/item/2015031407...rce=dpagetopic

It really sounds like a great new for countries that are and have been severely affected.So,since the developing nations will get a majority of this share,this sure shall help cope with disaster better.
    Also,not joking,but just asking,will japan also be included..? because they themselves have a string of disasters triking them every now and then.

Comment

I would hope Japanis setting aside adequate funds for their own future. They have a number of high risks they need to go own for their own future as well as helping the less fortunate. I am glad to see the they care about other people so much though. It is very generous of them to set aside so much to help.

Comment

• Billy
        Billy commented
        Editing a comment
        Japan's biggest problem is under population, many people are in not interested on having children anymore and that is a serious problem. Maybe they should try to give compensation to married couples who will try to have more than one children. They have an Island were all residents are senior citizens.

I am impressed even though others expressed concern about this. Japan has the right to spend their money how they see fit and what warms me thinking about this proposal is that they're spending money for disaster prevention not just within their shores but around the world. People don't seem to notice but this has been an age-old program. When I was in college 10 years ago, my school was invited to a Japan-initiated program that proposed a clean-up method for a dirty old river in our city. They presented a method that worked for them as they were able to completely clean up a dirty river after almost 20 years.

Comment

It is good to know that Japan commits 4 billion dollars for disaster prevention. They too have suffered from severe damage from tsunamis and earthquakes for the past years. They know the feeling of being devastated by this natural disasters, maybe that is the reason why they wanted to help especially the developing countries.

Comment

That's amazing. Japan has really stepped up to help their fellow Asian nations since the disaster at Fukushima a few years ago. SInce then, they/ve helped Vietnam, the Philippines, and other south east Asian economic allies cope against disasters.

Comment

It is a great notion and japan is well renowned for disaster aid and prevention.Together with world bank they had contributed more than half of the global total of $14 billion over 2 decades from 1990.Many more financially stable countries can do well to emulate the japanese in this.

Comment

Originally posted by bala View Post
              It is a great notion and japan is well renowned for disaster aid and prevention.Together with world bank they had contributed more than half of the global total of $14 billion over 2 decades from 1990.Many more financially stable countries can do well to emulate the japanese in this.
              Very true, bala Hopefully other countries will take note and follow suit. According to this article published by Reuters, Japan is one of the world's biggest donors of finance for disaster risk reduction. The article states that in combination with the World Bank, Japan has contributed more than half of the global total of $13.5 billion from 1991 to 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by dillinger10 View Post
                Very true, bala Hopefully other countries will take note and follow suit. According to this article published by Reuters, Japan is one of the world's biggest donors of finance for disaster risk reduction. The article states that in combination with the World Bank, Japan has contributed more than half of the global total of $13.5 billion from 1991 to 2010.
                Thanks for seconding my thoughts.Yes I too read it on the reuters.
                They really have transcended levels in terms of donations,but it pains when i hear that these relief aid and money are all being gobbled up by corrupt politicians.Sucks..REALLY !!

Comment

I hope the aid benefits the people. I have seen footage of recent parts of Haiti where so much devastation still persist after the earthquake in 2011. I try to remain optimistic that some government officials are truly decent and caring human beings who want to do the right actions for civilians in their country. Japan has really step forward in terms of addressing relief in natural disasters. As I stated earlier, I sincerely pray this relief actually reaches the people in need.

Comment

Importance should be place on these preparedness measure in all countries, the warning signal for natural disaster is limited time. Experience teaches wisdom and the fact they had there share of destruction after disasters it is only wise to employ this measure.

Comment

Yes, the world would be a better place if more countries got on the bandwagon and made a worthwhile commitment to disasters. It is wise to be prepared for potential disasters. There is not much we can do when we are caught off guard, but when we are informed there are precautions we can take to ensure that the outcome of a potential disaster will be better the next time round.

Comment

This is really interesting. I'm just hoping it doesn't result in some countries being too proud to accept help. Countries are only what their government officials let them be, and some leaders are too proud. But this is definitely a good thing on Japan's end.

Comment

This are great news for countries who are constantly suffering of natural disasters, I just hope that this campaign actually helps people, I've heard that charity aids are not that great for people in bad situations, but I really hope that Japan does.

Comment

I understand Japan's compassion to help other countries because they were a country that regularly experiences disasters, fr. earthquakes to deadly storms. They had been through a lot of disasters but they were a country with a great economy so its easier for them to recover. They know recovering will be harder for developing country.

This one is a bit off topic but I hope I Japan will solve their under population problem. It is sad to see a country with very rich culture to die off under population. They can accept immigrants who are willing to assimilate with their culture or let child less couples adopt children abroad.

Comment

Working...
                            X