Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas Wants To Pass a Bill Allowing Teachers to Shoot Student if Need Be...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fcphdJim View Post

So when somebody starts shooting people, the correct response is to give them a hug? Or maybe someone could talk nicely to them and convince them to join in on a chorus of "Kumbaya". Sorry, when someone is determined to kill people, there's only one practical way to stop them. That's not begetting violence, that's simply saving a lot of innocent lives. If you think that sitting back and letting them shoot children like fish in a barrel is the only rational course of action, I can only hope you're not ever the one that children are depending upon for protection.
    Then can you guarantee for sure - like 100% - that the teachers themselves won't start shooting students aimlessly? That should those teachers fall into a state of depression due to personal reasons, they won't be the ones to massacre the very children they were tasked to protect "if need be"? With the way you're retorting, it seems you've very well accepted school shootings as part of the Texan - nay, American - way of life. How sad for America.

Comment

I understand most people are not educated or knowledgeable about the difference between Law and Legal, so I'll explain as best I can.

Legal, concern only with U.S. Government Agencies and Agents, which a U.S. Citizen Person (mask) is part of this society.

Law, is concerned with man or woman who is part of the public (people) of the land called United States of America, and are "masters" to their Constituted "public servants" called U.S. Government.

So in regards to any Legislative policies that are drafted into a bill and later turned into a Statute, in has no effect on a man or woman who has not "ascribed" to be a Citizen of that society. Legal matters concern only U.S. Government Agencies and Agents, it is created for the purpose to ease their "administrative" practices. A Texas Teacher is a Citizen whenever he/she wishes to "act" under such a title, but, at all times he/she is a man/woman!

Comment

Originally posted by xTinx View Post

Then can you guarantee for sure - like 100% - that the teachers themselves won't start shooting students aimlessly? That should those teachers fall into a state of depression due to personal reasons, they won't be the ones to massacre the very children they were tasked to protect "if need be"? With the way you're retorting, it seems you've very well accepted school shootings as part of the Texan - nay, American - way of life. How sad for America.
        Did you notice the part in the original post that says it is already legal for teachers in Texas to have guns in school? And exactly none of them have shot any students, so what is your point? Strangely enough, if they decided that they actually did want to shoot someone, a law against having a gun in school wouldn't stop them, since murder is also kind of against the law.

Regarding accepting school shootings, no you have it completely backwards! I want school shootings to stop. Obviously having unarmed victims with nobody to protect them ("gun-free zones") has not worked. In almost all mass shootings the perpetrator has either surrendered or shot himself the minute any armed resistance (police or armed citizen) arrived. Reducing the response time would save lives, not lead to more violence.

I look at victims unable to defend themselves against violence and say, "How sad." Whether that involves gunmen in American schools or knifemen in Chinese schools (how many children there will die from stabbings this year?) or terrorists wiping out villages in Africa, the end result is the same. Those without any means of defense get killed by evil people with weapons. I also look at the millions who have been slaughtered by their own governments through history after being disarmed, and say, "How sad." That could have been prevented by a well-armed resistance.

I would much rather live in an armed society than a helpless one. You may think what you want, and I'll respect that, but I certainly will not change my mind on this.
        ASurvivor and kd3pc like this.

Comment

Did they ever think that the reason why these kids managed to those violence is because weapons were so easy to spot and come by over there? What exactly does arming more people do except for bringing up more opportunities for violence. And in all truth, there are twisted teachers that make it their mission to provoke students, so they will be armed as well?

Comment

Originally posted by fcphdJim View Post

Did you notice the part in the original post that says it is already legal for teachers in Texas to have guns in school? And exactly none of them have shot any students, so what is your point? Strangely enough, if they decided that they actually did want to shoot someone, a law against having a gun in school wouldn't stop them, since murder is also kind of against the law.

Regarding accepting school shootings, no you have it completely backwards! I want school shootings to stop. Obviously having unarmed victims with nobody to protect them ("gun-free zones") has not worked. In almost all mass shootings the perpetrator has either surrendered or shot himself the minute any armed resistance (police or armed citizen) arrived. Reducing the response time would save lives, not lead to more violence.

I look at victims unable to defend themselves against violence and say, "How sad." Whether that involves gunmen in American schools or knifemen in Chinese schools (how many children there will die from stabbings this year?) or terrorists wiping out villages in Africa, the end result is the same. Those without any means of defense get killed by evil people with weapons. I also look at the millions who have been slaughtered by their own governments through history after being disarmed, and say, "How sad." That could have been prevented by a well-armed resistance.

I would much rather live in an armed society than a helpless one. You may think what you want, and I'll respect that, but I certainly will not change my mind on this.
            Armed society than a helpless one? That pretty much sums up your impassioned retort. You have pretty much placed yourself in a box - and a pretty stuck-up one at that. Are you saying you've exhausted all possible alternatives and came to the conclusion that your opinion is the right one? Can't you be more creative than that? Truly remarkable. How long has it been since the "law" was passed? No doubt, in the near future, we'll see headlines about teachers shooting their students or fellow teachers.

Comment

Maybe a less lethal weapon like a tazer or something should suffice? But then again, I'm just basing my comment on what others had to say about the issue. I myself wouldn't want my children unprotected when they are in school.

Comment

I cannot judge gun laws as a black and white thing. I agree that deadly force is a little too much in school environment where students are expected to get education from teachers. However, I understand that some high school students can be dangerous to the teachers in certain areas and teachers need to find a way to protect themselves. Even though personally, I don't want this kind of law to be passed here in California, I cannot judge the whole culture of Texas. Maybe gun is so common there that it is harder to separate people from their weapons there compared to in other states.

For example, the whole gun culture there makes it easier for one angry kid to grab his family's gun and shoot his teacher. It is harder to enforce no-gun laws in school there unless they do thorough check everyday. I guess I can't really judge them that way. I still think it is bad, though.

Comment

This will not bring a solution to the problem of school shootings at all. In my opinion, the problem is easy access to guns period. Guns in America are far too lax to the point you have mentally unstable individuals getting access to firearms. I don't like the image of teachers having to arm themselves in a place where education is suppose to take place. I would never send my child into a classroom with an armed adult who may accidentally shoot and kill them in case chaos happens and my child didn't duck fast enough.

Comment

So we are trying to have stiffer gun laws, stop school shootings, make the school safer for our children right? But now you want to flip the tables and let the teachers be the ones initiating the shootings in schools! Holy cow what is going on in this country. What gives the teacher merit to shoot a child? Exactly what type of behavior constitutes a bullet? Just like a teacher can not tell if the child is troubled and may shoot the school up, the students can not tell if the teacher is in their right mind to not start firing shots due to instability.

Comment

Yeah, let the war vets who are literally trained to kill, become homeless by the dozens because they can't get a decent paying job, and give the teachers, people who are constantly stressed due to the very nature of their job bring guns to school to shoot kids they're supposed to educate. Sounds like a sound plan to me!

Comment

Working...
                      X