Celebrities and Charity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dillinger10 View Post
    Do you have any statistics to back that up or is that simply your opinion? I think its foolish to speculate on which celebrities genuinely care and those that don't, unless you actually know them personally. It is impossible to make such a statement and seems foolhardy.

Re-read my post please, I said I think and I didn't say it's a fact, I think means that it's just an opinion, my own opinion and I think I can think any thing I want, and to be honest almost all celebs do that for glory and to be well known and to get more roles, also to avoid taxes ! I don't know any celebrity but I know how people think !

Comment

Everyone is in it for something. No one will ever promote charity foundations if there wasn't anything they would get in exchange. Be it money, popularity and so on no one will ever do anything for free. There might be celebrities who actually start their own charity foundation, which I think it's really nice but they're doing it to get something in exchange.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbonner View Post

Re-read my post please, I said I think and I didn't say it's a fact, I think means that it's just an opinion, my own opinion and I think I can think any thing I want, and to be honest almost all celebs do that for glory and to be well known and to get more roles, also to avoid taxes ! I don't know any celebrity but I know how people think !
        You can't say that all almost all celebrities do it for the glory. That is assigning fact to something that you or I have no way of proving. Which was kind of my point initially. Speculating what celebrities and what percentage of celebrities donate to charities for the right reasons is impossible, because no one knows their true motives other than the celebrities themselves, their accountants and inner circle.

At the end of the day, does it really matter why the celebrities donate or start their own charities or raise awareness for certain causes. As long as those charities benefit from their association with the celebrities, what difference does it make? At least they are putting their hands in their pocket and contributing something, whether it be their time, their fame or their money,
        Tumbleweed likes this.

Comment

I Remember years ago I was in an evacuation center because my whole town just survived a devastating storm. A popular actress suddenly visited us and she was so friendly to everyone. She is hugging people after shaking their hands and she was kissing babies. She acts like a nurturing friend as she was giving us relief goods. There are Cameras following wherever she goes by the way.

When the cameras are off, I saw her talking to her manager, She is begging for a bottle of hand sanitizer and she kept on whining about how stinky the survivors were.

Comment

Originally posted by dillinger10 View Post

You can't say that all almost all celebrities do it for the glory. That is assigning fact to something that you or I have no way of proving. Which was kind of my point initially. Speculating what celebrities and what percentage of celebrities donate to charities for the right reasons is impossible, because no one knows their true motives other than the celebrities themselves, their accountants and inner circle.

At the end of the day, does it really matter why the celebrities donate or start their own charities or raise awareness for certain causes. As long as those charities benefit from their association with the celebrities, what difference does it make? At least they are putting their hands in their pocket and contributing something, whether it be their time, their fame or their money,
            As I said before, it's an opinion, and You can't say about an Opinion impossible, I can't think what I want, and about the percentage, I didn't say it's exact, I said in my opinion it's about, it's just words, and yes it doesn't really matters for what they are doing it, it's just a debate and we are talking and every one share his opinion ! you can't say about my opinion impossible because I said 20% !

Comment

• Tumbleweed
              Tumbleweed commented
              Editing a comment
              This is NOT intended to be a debate forum , jamesbonner, it is a forum where we all share information with each other about disasters, how to help prevent them, and how to recover after one has happened.
              Trying to start an argument about why celebrities help out serves no purpose.
              Whatever their motives, they DO help out, and it does bring in more relief money for victims.

Yes, I agree with you on the fact that the main motive behind charity for them would be to save taxes. But whatever it is, it is a good thing if handsome amount of money is going to charity. Let's take it that way.

I know many celebrities in news who are ready to take up charity works. They know that it as an effective way to gain more popularity. Nowadays it is getting more and more popular and more celebrities are coming forward. This is really a good sign.

Comment

It's a chicken and egg thing with good intentions and public relationships. Charities definitely get the attention they want and so they would use it to capitalize on the matter. Celebrities may have the pure of intentions but, being a public figure, the exposure of their deeds are inevitably noticed.

Comment

Working...
              X