Seeking Volunteers for Post-Disaster Updates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Volunteers for Post-Disaster Updates

In an effort to help, I'd like to launch focus sections of the Disaster.Com main site dedicated to major active disasters - air crashes, hurricanes, earthquakes, tsunamis, etc.

When something terrible happens, I would like to create a new section of the site and have links to articles, press releases and other factual (not opinion) pieces aggregated on a 24x7 basis for that specific disaster.

To make 24x7 work, I need to have 5-10 (preferably 10) people from various timezones around the world participate in finding and posting information. It may last for a few days. It may last for a few weeks. There's no way to know. What I do know is that there is always lots of non-factual information out there (for example - "What air travel experts say may have happened to the Air Asia flight". These aren't helpful, and they make real information harder to find. Until I get full coverage, we won't be able to launch this.

If anyone is interested in volunteering (and this is a serious thing - I don't want people to volunteer and then, when it comes time to do the work, not show up) please respond here or private message me with your timezone, when you would normally be able to dedicate time to doing this, and a list of languages you can speak/translate.

Anyone who does participate will get a "FocusWriter" badge, and also be allowed to state on their resume/CV that they are a volunteer here.

We're probably a bit late to do this for the Air Asia tragedy, but I'd like to prepared for the next one that will (unfortunately) happen.

Thanks,

Chris

Click here to view the article.
    Live your dream, don't dream your life.
    Chris L-S, CEO/Owner/Administrator, Disaster.Com
Working...
X