No announcement yet.

Worst Nuclear Energy Disasters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left leaning solar geoengineer from Harvard talking about chemtrails... or the lack of evidence supporting them... http://www.keith.seas.harvard.edu/chemtrails

I'm not saying that every conspiracy concept is false - as a few have been proven true (http://www.infowars.com/33-conspirac...n-should-know/) - but there is no real proof on chemtrails, and I find it hard to believe they are occurring. But... the great thing about debate is the opportunity to present opposing viewpoints and have others consider their validity, so I respect everyone's position. However, I'd humbly request that future chemtrail discussion move out of this thread on nuclear energy disasters to somewhere else.
    zipedia and kd3pc like this.
    Live your dream, don't dream your life.
    Chris L-S, CEO/Owner/Administrator, Disaster.Com

Comment

Originally posted by labatt View Post

Since the beginning of the atomic age, there have been a handful of deadly accidents at nuclear plants throughout the world. The...

Click here to view the article.
      The Chernobly disaster was the worst . An explosion and fire that releases large quantities of radio active particles into the atmosphere. It was one of that was classified as level seven event. There was a sudden and an unexpected power surge and an emergency shut down was attempted when a larger spike in power output occurred , which led to a reactor vessel rapture and a series of explosions. The resulting fire sent a plume of highly radioactive fallout into the atmosphere and over an extensive geographical area.

Comment

I know Chernobyl is a very terrible incident but I like the story of nature's reclamation decades after the tragedy. Many animals that were considered endangered species repopulated ever since humans abandoned the place. This may and crazy but elderly retired people decided t return t their Chernobyl houses. I remember the news report about this Grandma who decided to live n Chernobyl again. The government of Ukraine allowed the retired elderly people to live in their old houses again.

Comment

I guess anyone would agree on Chernobyl as the worst one at the moment. I live in the north part of Italy and I remeber that my teachers said that when it happend there were spreaded the news that none should harvest nor eat potential contaminated vegetables. This shows how was terrible the disaster and caused discomforts even at a long range.

Comment

I lived near Three Mile Island, when the incident happened, I think I as 8, but I remember them telling us to evacuate, so we went a few hundred miles away for the night.

As far as energy, it is really a decision if you want to risk ´the big one´ or risk death by a million paper-cuts... which is basically what coal energy plants are as they slowly harm the environment.

Comment

I remember to have listened to a BBC documentary about the Chernobyl nuclear disaster. It was caused by an inadvertent explosion of core during emergency shutdown of reactor. Unfortunately, firefighters arrived to try to extinguish the fires without knowing that they were being exposed to radiation. Most of them died of acute radiation sickness including their brigade commander. It was the worst nuclear disaster in history.

Comment

Originally posted by labatt View Post
                Left leaning solar geoengineer from Harvard talking about chemtrails... or the lack of evidence supporting them... http://www.keith.seas.harvard.edu/chemtrails

I'm not saying that every conspiracy concept is false - as a few have been proven true (http://www.infowars.com/33-conspirac...n-should-know/) - but there is no real proof on chemtrails, and I find it hard to believe they are occurring. But... the great thing about debate is the opportunity to present opposing viewpoints and have others consider their validity, so I respect everyone's position. However, I'd humbly request that future chemtrail discussion move out of this thread on nuclear energy disasters to somewhere else.
                Chemtrails are simply the modification of weather patterns but they are not done for negative reasons. The effects of them might be negative but the scientific community is really trying to fix the global weather crisis going on. I try to take a step back and look at it non-biasly because I used to get so angry looking outside and seeing all of the lingering trails. Infowars can be like a cancer to your mind but it definitely makes some people feel intelligent!

Comment

The thermonuclear meltdown of Chernobyl left behind an artifact known as the "Elephant's Foot".

After just 30 seconds of exposure, dizziness and fatigue will find you a week later. Two minutes of exposure and your cells will soon begin to hemorrhage; four minutes: vomiting, diarrhea, and fever. 300 seconds and you have two days to live.

By the fall of 1986, the emergency crews fighting to contain the nuclear disaster at Chernobyl made it into a steam corridor beneath failed reactor Number 4. Inside this chamber they found black lava that had oozed straight from the core. The most famous formation was a solid flow that their radiation sensors firmly told them not to approach. With cameras pushed in from around a corner, the workers dubbed the dimly lit mass “the Elephant’s Foot.” According to readings taken at the time, the still hot portion of molten core put out enough radiation to give a lethal dose in 300 seconds.

The Elephant’s Foot could be the most dangerous piece of waste in the world

Comment

The Chernobyl was a freaking horror a disaster. Not only did it do widespread damage during the mishap, it continues to cause heavy impairments and diseases like cancer in the local residents. It showed what a dangerous weapon we had in our hand with nuclear technology, and any kind of mistake whether human or natural can lead to thousands of people dying. The Fukushima incident was another freak accident. A nuclear hazard along with an earthquake and tsunami is simply too much for any government to handle.

Comment

I second Chernobyl. My wife and I know a couple who are unable to have children as a result of what happened in there. What makes it worse is that they did not live relatively close to the area. The fact that they were affected is most likely as a result of contamination or radiation in the air. This is only a minor result of what happened and I have read about many worse cases. At least we are taking towards renewable energy, which people sometimes forget to realize not only helps the environment, but it helps the people who live around these power stations. Financial loss is another result of ignorance, which is ironic as the entire point of not caring is for financial gain. I also agree with bretthuda33's opinion on chemtrails. I doubt it's worth the time and effort creating them for intentional harm.

Comment

The Chernobyl disaster in Ukraine was really devastating. The 31 casualties were the rescue workers, and they weren't even fully aware of the dangers of radiation exposure. Then, 15 people died years after because of thyroid cancer. Then about 5000 plus cleanup workers died until the year of 1995. Since there is a shortage of energy in the said country, some parts of the plant is still operating.

I guess that is why many people are opposed to the Bataan Nuclear Power Plant here in our country. The government has closed its operation though I'm not certain for how long.
                        ....Luckily, the Bataan Nuclear Power Plant was never fully activated. The BataanNuclear Power Plant is 45 miles west of Manila  atop volcanic activity.... Image source ; http://globalbalita.com/2012/04/12/why-not-go-nuclear Article source ; http://www.lunch.com/reviews/d/UserReview-Typhoon_Haiyan_Wreaks_Havoc_in_Philippines_and_Heads_Toward_Vietnam-1887976-241706-A_Huge_Natural_Disaster_Wreaks_Destruction_Across.html by JSMaresca Nov 10, 2013 Haiyan wrought havoc throughout the Philippines when the storm began to gather steam on November 2, 2013. The storm…

Comment

I think Fukushima was probably worse than Chernobyl because the long term effects will last long as there is so much leaking into the pacific ocean, at least Chernobyl is now contained, Fukushima is still an ongoing incident, in practise.

Comment

Working...
                          X