Medicine Recalls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medicine Recalls

Over the last few years, I've noticed an increase in medicine recalls. Every time I turn on the tv, it seems like some medicine is subject to a lawsuit in the case of a defect or wrongful death, complicated condition, etc. I'm staring to believe that some of these medicines are designed to do such things. It's bad enough that the side effects outweigh the main sole purpose of the medicine. Most of these new medications hitting the market haven't even been approved by the FDA. I hope this isn't an undercover form of population control. It's hard for me to trust any medication these days let alone the crap they are putting in our foods these days.
    Danyel72 likes this.

The sad reality toppot is that our medicine these days acts pretty much like an atomic bomb, meaning, it kills the disease, but it also kills what's around the disease. And this not mentioning that the ultimate goal is to achieve profit, not just to cure the disease...

Comment

Their primary goal is to release it into the market before anyone does and they really don't test it out properly before giving it out.Only when they receive complaints of some effects after taking a med will they test t out.Some of them not being approved by FDA too come in to the pic and it is saddening to see the number of people who have had health concerns after taking these meds.
      toppot44 likes this.

Comment

I agree with both of your comments. It's always been about the buck. When it come to a billion dollar industry, the drug developers along with the fda will sacrafice the overall well being of people just to make a profit. That is sad

Comment

This is nothing new but rather how the industry operates. They always try to rush a product into the market so they do the minimal necessary testing and may even ignore side effects.

I know it happened here in PR in the 50's. Women were used to test birth controls pills and were given a very high dose, most had bad side effects and a couple died. But the researchers ignored that, did not do autopsies to see if their deaths was related to the pill. Only after it was released in that states and affected the public was the dosage changed.

The laws may be stricter now regarding trials but still the industry would do as little as required, they care about profit, not people.
          toppot44 likes this.

Comment

I totally agree with you ! Over the years it has been overwhelming to say the least. Every commercial you see is about some recall of medicine or a vaccination we have tried or given our children. Like that's not sad enough, the medicine companies are making a fortune and then we, the people, are left to suffer the consequences of it all.

Law suits are a dime a dozen when it comes to this and I can understand why.
            As a parent, I'm actually scared to give my children the medicine or the vaccines they say we need. I'm worried that sometime down the line we will find out it was hazardous! Then what do we do.... nothing.

Comment

Hanlon's Razor is: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Think about it, if a pharmaceutical company released a medication intentionally designed to cause harm, could you imagine the field day the press and nearly every lawyer in the country would have with that? And it would eventually leak as the number of individual involved with bringing a drug to market is enormous.
              "Success is survival." ~ Leonard Cohen

Comment

I firmly believe that the Elite and the large pharmaceutical companies are in cahoots to reduce the population, that is really one of their sinister plans. They also manipulate disasters too. They even create diseases too, like it is rumored that AIDS was a conspiracy theory. So I'm not surprised by all the medicine recalls that seem to get rampant as time goes by.

Comment

I am also very wary of all the medicine recalls. I remember about 2 years back, after I had my second son, they recalled the baby orajel. They said it was causing brain damage in infants. I was so disturbed and outraged, as well as worried for my son. I never bought the product again. This made me start investigating all medicines I had to take. Recently, my husband was in a work related incident where he was stabbed by a heroine addict's needle. He is on a months worth of antiretroviral medicine that costs well over $1700. After doing some investigating, it seems the meds do more damage than good. It has made me very aware that something is wrong with our pharmaceutical companies if medicine does more harm than good.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that recalled medicine isn't some cover up for 'population control'. Rather it is an end result of shady companies trying to bypass the lengthy FDA system. I only trust approved medicines with a good track record. Do research before taking any new medications.

Comment

Originally posted by ASurvivor View Post
                      Hanlon's Razor is: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Think about it, if a pharmaceutical company released a medication intentionally designed to cause harm, could you imagine the field day the press and nearly every lawyer in the country would have with that? And it would eventually leak as the number of individual involved with bringing a drug to market is enormous.
                      I think you could also switch out the word "stupidity" in your quote, with the word "greed." I don't think they are out to intentionally poison people; I think it's more that they feel there are "acceptable losses' when obtaining huge profits. As they say, follow the money. Most bad things boil down to greed.

Comment

It's gotten out of control. The are not taking the time to test new drugs very well before they it the market, and these are drugs that are not needed to save someone from dying of a deadly disease today, these are so often for chronic issues. They need to be held to higher standards than they currently are. I do not trust drug companies at all anymore.

Comment

I understand that it is expensive to research and develop effective medicine. It is always better to take longer time to test the medicine and minimize the side effects as possible. It is not saving money where there are recalls.

Comment

I do not trust the pharmaceutical companies at all. This has been going on for years and years now. I remember when it was Viox and Celebrex, which a couple people I knew had been taking. It really alerted me to the need to find alternative, safer ways to deal with health issues from prevention to natural pain management. While herbal medicine can also have side effects, I feel that they are often less harmful side effects, so I would try to use those kind of medicines if needed rather than take a lab created drug.

Comment

I'm currently working in a country that has good pharmacies but many medicines that are not FDA approved. Last month I had a terrible allergic reaction to one of these types of medicines. I think that it is a wonderful system where things can be recalled. This medicine is terrible; thought to have no side effects and I had huge red welts all over my body, and in every part of my body for over a week. And it still sits on the shelf. I want to yank them all off of the shelves myself. Another medicine is reported to be mixed with flour resulting in a larger quantity being able to be distributed at low prices. For this reason, people have died because the Bilharzia has spread to their brain not being caught in time. A death such as this occurred in one town we were in - it was a 17 year old girl.

Comment

Working...
                              X