Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An asteroid coming really close in July.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An asteroid coming really close in July.

There is an asteroid (2015HM10) that will be coming within one LD (lunar distance) of the earth early in July of this year. This is a smaller asteroid; but it is one that is considered a "possible risk" by NASA; and could cause serious damage if it diid impact with earth.
    The one that hit Russia a couple of years ago was small enough not to cause much damage; but certainly close enough to do so. Actually, the pictures/videos of it coming across the sky looked like they mght have shot it down, so that it did not impact as hard as it might have.

So, anyway (here is the conspiracy part), what if THIS is the reason for all of the military preparation, not just here in America and Canada; but pretty much all over the world ?
    If we had a serious asteroid impact, there would probably be earthquakes and tsunami's; and not enough people available to deal with the disaster. Disease and sickness would follow, from the pollution caused by the multitude of dead people.
    We would need martial law to try and handle everything, should that happen. Maybe we should stop thinking that the jade helm exercise is bad; maybe it will be a lifesaver instead ?
    Thoughts ? ?

http://youtu.be/1bj90XDo5D8

This reminds me a bit of the movie Armageddon I hope it won't hit the earth nor the moon because either scenario will be very scary and may cause something tragic. I am crossing my fingers that nothing bad will happen.. I still remember that thing that hits Russia and someone is even able to catch a footage of it. It is not really as destructive but lives would have taken if hits a place with lots of people.

Comment

From what I've read 2015HM10 has very little chance of impacting the Earth. If it did, however, it would cause damage only at the impact site. An asteroid of 25 meters or less will likely burn up in the atmosphere. A asteroid between 25 meters and 1 kilometer (1000 meters or a little more than a half-mile) can cause local damage. An asteroid over 2 kilometers can cause worldwide effects. However, 2015HM10 is, approximately, 53 meters in size from most sources, or between 42 m - 93 m from NASA. What doesn't burn up on entry would cause damage only at the impact site. That impact site could be an ocean, desert, or at one of the poles. Or not at all, which the current path indicates.

There are plenty of things to cause alarm in this crazy world. This isn't one of them.
      "Success is survival." ~ Leonard Cohen

Comment

Originally posted by ASurvivor View Post
        From what I've read 2015HM10 has very little chance of impacting the Earth. If it did, however, it would cause damage only at the impact site. An asteroid of 25 meters or less will likely burn up in the atmosphere. A asteroid between 25 meters and 1 kilometer (1000 meters or a little more than a half-mile) can cause local damage. An asteroid over 2 kilometers can cause worldwide effects. However, 2015HM10 is, approximately, 53 meters in size from most sources, or between 42 m - 93 m from NASA. What doesn't burn up on entry would cause damage only at the impact site. That impact site could be an ocean, desert, or at one of the poles. Or not at all, which the current path indicates.

There are plenty of things to cause alarm in this crazy world. This isn't one of them.
        So very true! Though as the media needs to generate as many clicks and page views as possible, we end up with stories such as this one in The Daily Express projecting mass extinction as the asteroid will skim the Earth in two days.

Bill Napier, professor of astronomy at the University of Buckinghamshire, said an impact would leave unimaginable destruction.

He said: “People are concerned about an impact from a very large asteroid, and the impact of something of this scale would be nothing short of global.

“It would undoubtedly lead to the deaths of around 1.5 billion people, we are looking at a mass extinction of humanity.
        Last edited by dillinger10; 05-12-2015, 11:25 PM.

Comment

dillinger10 This one is expected to hurtle safely by,but acc to the link u had specified, it gets us all misleading.According to NASA "An asteroid up to 1.3 kilometers across will come very close to Earth on May 14".I don't know why they just hype it up.
          They keep making predictions like this all the time. And how many were true? None.of course if it does or is going to hit,we really don't have a chaoice than to perish.

Comment

The media is playing on fear to get us to watch and read, so they can sell more advertising at higher prices. God is sovereign over the natural world, and over every nation on this planet. I don't think there is any reason to give thought to these conspiracy theories, because God's will is going to take place even if we put all out efforts into making things go a different way.

Comment

Originally posted by DancingLady View Post
              The media is playing on fear to get us to watch and read, so they can sell more advertising at higher prices. God is sovereign over the natural world, and over every nation on this planet. I don't think there is any reason to give thought to these conspiracy theories, because God's will is going to take place even if we put all out efforts into making things go a different way.

Well, there have been devastating impact events in Earth history; both before and during the time of humans being present. An impact event involving a significantly large object could be disastrous, even civilization-ending. Discover magazine has brief summary of such an eventuality here. Scientific American also has a fascinating article about a possible impact from a comet fragment around 12,000 (Upper Paleolithic Period) here.
              dillinger10 likes this.
              "Success is survival." ~ Leonard Cohen

Comment

One day I think it will happen, and it will be devastating. I don't know that it will be this asteroid, most likely not, but I believe this prophesy is true.
                Revelation 8:8-11 8*The second angel blew his trumpet, and something like a great mountain, burning with fire, was thrown into the sea, and a third of the sea became blood. 9*A third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed. 10*The third angel blew his trumpet, and a great star fell from heaven, blazing like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water. 11*The name of the star is Wormwood.*A third of the waters became wormwood, and many people died from the water, because it had been made bitter.

Comment

Not that anyone believed the world was going to end tomorrow but the Jet Propulsion Laboratory published a report today stating that the asteroid will safely pass more than 26 times the distance of Earth to the moon on Thursday. The report states that even at its closest point, the asteroid will get no closer than 6.3 million miles away and it will not get any closer than that for well over 100 years and even then - 119 years from now - it will be so far away that it will not affect us in any way, shape or form.

Comment

It will probably be burnt up to ashes by the time it enters the Earth's atmosphere. But this makes me ponder.... how vulnerable we are to asteroids. So much technology and advancement but we can't protect ourselves from asteroids. And to think we are fighting among ourselves with missiles and nukes and what not! Christ!

Comment

Hopefully that asteroid will break up into a thousand pieces before it reaches the atmosphere below the exosphere. I don't want to preempt anything a la Armageddon. Even if that asteroid lands here intact, we can cross our fingers it manages to land on the ocean or a desert.

Comment

We have asteroids coming by the earth all of the time; but most of them are far enough away not to be concerned about. Any that are under 10 LD (lunar distance) when they pass the earth are the ones that we watch out for and that are considered a potential danger.
                        The one that came by yesterday was a large asteroid; but a long ways away.
                        The one that comes by in early July is going to be about ONE Lunar Distance away from the earth; so very,very close.
                        Plus, the distance is measured from the center of the earth to the center of the asteroid; which makes it even closer to us than the distance from earth to the moon.
                        Since it is a smaller asteroid; it would probably have an effect similar to the one that crashed in Russia, if it does impact the earth.
                        The real issue is not IF it impacts the earth, but WHERE it strikes if it should hit the earth. If it is in the ocean, or the middle of an uninhabited area, it would be about the same as the Russian one, and just affect places that were close to it.
                        If it crashed onto a place that already had a faultline, or was heavily populated, then the damages could be more extensive.
                        As has been said, there is not much a person can do but wait and see what happens in July.

Comment

Do you think this asteroid will bring some cosmic effect to earth? How about typhoons and earthquakes?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandoy View Post
                            Do you think this asteroid will bring some cosmic effect to earth? How about typhoons and earthquakes?
                            As long as it just passes by the earth and does not hit us; there should not be any issues with it at all. It is a relatively small asteroid, maybe 100 feet across.
                            If it does impact the earth, then it would depend on where it lands and how much of it burns up before impact. Unless it lands in a populated area, or someplace that would set off earthquakes; the asteroid itself should not cause that just by hitting the earth.

Here is a very interesting explanation of our solar system, that shows us a better idea of what is really going on. We usually see the pictures of the sun in the middle, and all of the planets circling around the sun. However, the sun itself is actually racing through the heavens, and the planets are being pulled along as it goes.

http://youtu.be/0jHsq36_NTU
                            Last edited by Tumbleweed; 05-18-2015, 10:32 PM. Reason: add link
                            fcphdJim likes this.

Comment

This does not make sense to me. I have heard lots of conspiracies about asteroid and heavenly bodies on the past. Talking about asteroids, maybe you have heard of the Red Star that is to hit earth. Try to search on Nibiru Cataclysm . This is somewhat related to this. A conspiracy talking about an asteroid to hit the planet and it could end the world.

Comment

Working...
                              X