bible a product of the Devil?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kd3pc View Post

The construct was from a well researched paper by a divinity student from Catholic University in Washington, DC. whose research was a follow on to the devil being a fallen angel who wanted revenge on God. Co-opting the bible would have accomplished that and the devil knew that man was easily turned.
    oh, here comes another conspiracy. Based on the many Christians, Catholic Church is just the mask of the devil. Catholic really does not serve Jesus and they might be just creating another thing. In catholic, there is the culture wherein they both have same things with paganism. Talking about catholic, they are using idols and the Lord said that we should not use idols. And in life, there are lots of protestant churches against the Catholic church. And also, Popes are know to do homosexuality

Comment

I am actually reading a version of the Bible now and it's really easy to understand. I don't believe that the Devil wrote the Bible. It was written by man and rewritten so many times. Some of the wording is still confusing and you have to really figure out what it says, some things you can't go by what it actually says you have to find the meaning behind it. It still very interesting to read.

Comment

Originally posted by laurie123 View Post
        I am actually reading a version of the Bible now and it's really easy to understand. I don't believe that the Devil wrote the Bible. It was written by man and rewritten so many times. Some of the wording is still confusing and you have to really figure out what it says, some things you can't go by what it actually says you have to find the meaning behind it. It still very interesting to read.
        I don't think it's been rewritten? I would like to know where your sources are from. I can clearly see that there is a major misconception. The bible that they've had in the first century was the old testament, which has been preserved by the Jews, it wasn't rewritten. The one we have today includes the new testament which was written by the apostles and messages to the churches, there is nothing to "rewrite" about it.

Comment

From what I know of the bible (which is minimal, please correct if wrong) it paints the devil in a pretty good light.
          I mean you have God causing floods, genocides, famines, dispensing death as justice for some very minor things, demanding worship and others.
          Where what exactly does Satan do? I think he talked a few people into having sex outside of marriage and that girl ate an apple once, which REALLY ticked God off for whatever reason, maybe he had a bad day I have those.
          Then he also takes in all the people God doesn't want, souls who really needed the help.
          I always thought if most of my friends and family whom I love deeply ended up in Hell, and I got into heaven that would feel terrible as I get heaven AND have to not be with them and watch them in Hell. I might actually decide at the last moment to sin to switch it up to be with them.

That's just how it seems though, I could be missing something.

Comment

Why would God be so irrational to make humans depend on a book to know the truth? If anyone wrote the bible, it was a person. And the bible doesn't even exist anymore, it's been completely lost in translations and notions of God. I hate even using that word because it's so cheesy and means everything possible. The devil is just God's secretary that takes the brunt of the bullcrap from many people.
            BranTheScooterMan likes this.

Comment

What I'm about to say is my opinion and mine alone, I don't know if I'm right and heck, I could be 100% wrong but this is what I think. Years ago, some smart man decided that it would be better to regulate people on earth and keep them simple minded while the clever ones do all the work and reap the rewards. So man invented religion. A way of making people a lot more calm and focused on one thing: A magical man that lives in the sky and provides them with everything. Whenever a smarter than usual follower asks a question like: "If God is so great, why are there innocent people starving to death, even when they are praying every day?" The priest, who is most likely making more money than all of the people in that church combined, will come up with the generic answer of "Because he loves us." Or something stupid like that.

Religion gives people hope and stops them from asking questions and becoming free thinkers. Keep stupid people stupid, and you can take advantage of their stupidity. Keep them thinking that there is some horned idiot underground doing all the bad things in the world when it's actually just smarter people taking advantage of the inferior ones. That's my take on the whole system. Whether you agree with it or not, I don't care. I'm a free thinker and I respect your opinion as much as I do my own.
              BranTheScooterMan likes this.

Comment

I don't believe in God or the Devil. In my opinion, the words and passages in the Bible can be interpreted in the way that the person reading it wants it to be interpreted. It is an extremely ambiguous piece of literature. Whomever wrote it clearly wanted to have the ability to exert mass control over many millions of people and in this aim, it has definitely been a success! The Bible is not a dangerous book until it is in dangerous hands - and that could be anyone in a position of religious power.
                SashaS likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by SashaS View Post
                  What I'm about to say is my opinion and mine alone, I don't know if I'm right and heck, I could be 100% wrong but this is what I think. Years ago, some smart man decided that it would be better to regulate people on earth and keep them simple minded while the clever ones do all the work and reap the rewards. So man invented religion. A way of making people a lot more calm and focused on one thing: A magical man that lives in the sky and provides them with everything. Whenever a smarter than usual follower asks a question like: "If God is so great, why are there innocent people starving to death, even when they are praying every day?" The priest, who is most likely making more money than all of the people in that church combined, will come up with the generic answer of "Because he loves us." Or something stupid like that.

Religion gives people hope and stops them from asking questions and becoming free thinkers. Keep stupid people stupid, and you can take advantage of their stupidity. Keep them thinking that there is some horned idiot underground doing all the bad things in the world when it's actually just smarter people taking advantage of the inferior ones. That's my take on the whole system. Whether you agree with it or not, I don't care. I'm a free thinker and I respect your opinion as much as I do my own.
                  My take on it is the same but different, kind of.

Looking back on things with the information we now have thanks to science, it's pretty easy to see what function religion served in the early days of civilization. "Spiritually" is a pretty normal human thing, it's even been observed in smarter animals.
                  So you have early man starting to use his brain and think (don't kid yourself into thinking we are "smarter" now then before, we have had the same brain capacity for 100 000 years or more) look at all the things happening around early humans. They really wanted to make sense of the world around them, the faith in a "supreme being" is a pretty reasonable way to go about it. Many of the things religion says are "good" are universally "good" you know like not killing people and not taking their stuff.
                  I really think that early people truly believed in a God or in Gods, even the ones in power. How else could you explain the world and humans part in it.

Now of course we know better, but we still have the vestigaes of religion hanging over us.
                  But hey we also still have the vestigaes of our animal brain too.

SashaS likes this.

Comment

Working...
                  X