Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FACEBOOK an instrument for Peace or for Chaos?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Facebook jut started out it was meant for college students to connect and chat. Now Facebook is a serious business where people use it for everything and anything. Just like with any good thing there will be people who abuse the system and try to swing it into their favor. Therefore it definitely can create chaos such as making groups to bully other individuals or post angry comments. I think we have seen lots of amazing projects and messages being spread across Facebook but the bad organizations truly ruin the whole experience. I even recently deleted my whole Facebook account and feel a lot more peaceful.

Comment

It's all in how you look at it and what your personal opinions and views are. I can honestly see both sides of the coin on the matter.
      Here's an article I found that can help you decide how you feel about it if you are on the fence.
      http://science.opposingviews.com/lis...ount-3905.html
      Of course, I'm always an "in the middle" kind of person anyways so I'm still on the fence. LOL
      One of the cons it mentions is lack of privacy.
      To expound on that and shed light on how it can cause chaos on a smaller level is the amount of drama between social circles that is caused daily by irresponsible posting/following. Kids get bullied on there these days as well, cyber bullying is incredibly rough now.

Comment

I've certainly had some very negative feelings about Facebook lately. I think a lot of people, even people I thought would not do this, fail to read what they have written with the eyes of the other people who might see it. Consequently they express their views and opinions without the care needed and anyone with s differing opinion will likely feel judged and put down by it.

Comment

It depends on how you use it! People tend to overuse things and end up abusing it. Moderation is the key to everything! Everything you do in excess may be harmful to you and to everyone around you.

Comment

Originally posted by owesem75 View Post
            Facebook has innovated how people connect. Long distant family relatives and friends were again connected. Former classmates and colleagues found their way again to connect and we have seen millions of photographs about reunions, gatherings, get together and parties.

However, we also have seen in the news how Facebook has become a medium to gather like minded people and held a well coordinated protests in the streets. The video sharing feature of FB also made it possible for the people to deliver RAW news around the world through their mobile devices.

Technological innovations has indeed changed the way we live. FB is used properly could bring about a lot of benefits in our social relationship and in commerce but if used otherwise, could bring about chaos that could even tear down countries, and destroy people to people relationships.

What is your thought about it?
            Yes, I totally agree with you on the fact that Facebook can be a bane or boon depending upon its usage. It enables us to get in touch with our near and dear ones in an effective manner. You can share almost anything through Facebook. Recent addition of new video sharing features makes it more appealing.

But on the other hand we should not forget that fact Facebook related crimes are on the rise. There are a lot of people getting cheated through false identity being given. A lot of financial crimes are also being reported every day. Criminals use Facebook as the main centre to phish out sensitive information from public.

So, in short only a judicious use of Facebook can protect us from its evil effects.

Comment

I think ot brings chaos but also peace, it depends on the way that you're using it. There are people who is more likely to have chaos because of it, those people who posts every single detail of their life on Facebook, it can be lead to people stalking or even kidnapping this person. But if you know how to use it, it can be a great way to communicate with other people specifically when they are not in the same state/country/continent, so it depends!

Comment

Not only Facebook but the social media in general has enhanced the way people interact. For a good cause, people can meet on Facebook and donate to charities or organise on how they can volunteer. Classmates can meet and discuss about different subjects. Through the social media, terrorists can also meet to show support for terrorism or organise terrorist activities. Students have also organised riots through the social media.

Comment

Facebook was never intended to harm, scam, spam or hurt anyone's feelings. It's your choice to sign up and you should agree to catch whatever is thrown at you as a result. If you post an offensive picture of statement, you accept whatever the world says back to you, because it was your choice to make that post. It's all up to you and that's what some people do not understand. You cannot complain about cyber bullying if you sit on the internet all day and you cannot complain about getting scammed if you accept to pay someone you can't even confirm is legitimate in real life. But Facebook is great for good causes, just look at the world's response to the Paris attacks, Facebook immediately implemented the ability to set your profile picture to the French flag, as a way of showing you care. I know of many people who have gotten jobs, animals who have been adopted and lives that have been changed as a result of Facebook.

It's all up to you and the outcome of your actions is a result of your decision, not someone else's.

Comment

I use to use Facebook all of the time, but now only log into my account about once a week or so. It is a place that can really hurt people's feelings and make them not feel welcome in the social circles they are a part of. It gets abused quite a bit and a lot of people use it as a sounding board to air their grievances. I am kind of over it now. I would rather spend my time on forums where people actually talk about important things and do not verbally abuse one another.

Comment

Working...
                    X