Global Map of Disasters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global Map of Disasters

I thought some of you may find this interesting and/or valuable. I'm sorry if it's in the wrong place, mods!

This is a global, real-time map of all kinds of disasters and incidents; bio/chemical/earthquake/volcanoes etc. It makes for very interesting reading!

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php
    CarolynMackey, Matheka and fcphdJim like this.

Wow, that is really cool! I can see this being useful for news reporters and people who are in areas that are often prone to disasters. Its great to see people going through the effort of making systems like these because they can definitely save lives. We can perhaps monitor the data that it outputs and create a sort of prediction system by taking into account the time and frequency of the disasters recorded. Thanks for sharing this useful website!

Comment

This is wonderful and would be very useful for potential travellers, the media, and even some residents nearby the affected areas. It has the potential to save lives and save people valuable time and money, by enabling them to avoid potentially hazardous situations.

Comment

Thank you for sharing this site. I am posting the homepage link so you guys can see the information about the site. Apparently, this site is managed by Hungary but gets signals from all over the world sites. This is how they provide real-time information regarding impending disasters or disasters that have happened throughout the globe. There is also an app that we can download on the Play Store to keep us updated with regards to disasters directly through our phones. This is such a handy app for people always on the go as well.
        The Hungarian National Association of Radio Distress-Signalling and Infocommunications (RSOE) operates Emergency and Disaster Information Service (EDIS) within the frame of its own website which has the objective to monitor and document all the events on the Earth which may cause disaster or emergency.

Comment

This is really updated. The map shows very recent accident all in nations. It can be used to see whether there is latest news all around us. Real time like this is a good thing.
          Earthquake Information

Comment

Very useful for many people.

Comment

Working...
            X