Terror Attack(s) in Brussels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Terrorism] Terror Attack(s) in Brussels

It is being reported that there is a terrorist attack, or multiple attacks, in Brussels, the capital of Belgium. At least 34 are dead and 170 wounded. It is reported that at leas three explosions went off, one of which at the airport. CNN has details and video here.
    "Success is survival." ~ Leonard Cohen

What a horrendous situation. But sadly, I am not surprised. The UK is also on alert for up to '10 simultaneous attacks' in the wake of the atrocities in Paris. It's only a matter of time before we get hit again and I have an awful suspicion these cowardly extremists will be going all out for 'shock and awe'.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...trocities.html

Comment

I read about that potential attack in UK a moment ago. That is truly alarming. Stay safe over there.

The latest in Belgium is that the attack was from ISIS. Or at least that group is taking "credit" for the attack and from what I've read so far that is credible. It is long past due for that group to cease to exist.

Comment

Well, this is a development. Apparently the suspects have been caught on CCTV. They will be caught. It may take a week, a month or a year, but they will be. I know that the police are not infallible and do make mistakes, but I do have faith that they will get these pieces of scum.

http://news.sky.com/story/1664931/ma...caught-on-cctv

Sadly, when you are dealing with so called 'martyrs' who are not afraid to die themselves, it does make things so much more difficult. Even the IRA used code-words when they were about to detonate a massive explosion (for the most part). But these radical extremists are a different breed.. We live in dangerous and uncertain times.

Comment

Really terrible. There were a number of tourists who died in that attack. One guy didn't show up for work. The next thing his colleagues knew, he was reported missing in the latest Brussels terror attack. One of the first victims was a Peruvian girl and another a U.S. student.

It seems like ISIS is desperate to hold on to their dwindling infamy. They're now conducting random terror attacks across Europe. Their Asian networks are trying to copy their moves, but rather poorly. These times call for vigilance. I just wish governments around the world could up their security and stop the attacks before they actually occur.

Comment

It seems never-ending, unfortunately. Innocent people get gown again and again. I guess, ISIS will be a way more hated thing in history than nazism If they continue like that. They both are disgusting, don't get me wrong.

Comment

Its a shame this kind of stuff happens so often and it seems to be a growing trend, I think European countries need to just step up their game and make sure these kinds of situations are avoided in the future. I hope the suspects, if there are any that did survive, are apprehended and pay for their crimes. My condolences go out towards the family members who's relatives have been killed or injured. We must refrain from blaming refugees as they are against the work of ISIS and lately all I see in the social media is people blaming the refugees who are entering the European countries. As long as there is regulation with regards to them, they are not to blame.

Comment

Another worrying aspect of these attacks is that we seem unable to stop them, even though we know they're going to happen. Every country in western Europe as been on the highest alert level possible since before the attack in Paris, but they seem to be able to cause these acts at will.

There's no doubt that the UK is a prime target and no matter how vigilant we are, I think an attack on these shores is more a matter of when and not if.

Comment

• explorerx7
                  explorerx7 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Where will the terrorists strike next? This the question on many people mind presently. These terrorist attacks have been extremely destructive to lives and property. These attacks a are executed without impunity (they don't care about who would lose their lives). It's so horrific to know that we are at the mercy the terrorist who are mostly successful in carrying out these attacks because it's very difficult to detect and stop them before they execute their devastating plan.

One of the main problems we are facing is that it only takes one act of terrorism to cause this sort of chaos and destruction, so the terrorists will always have the upper hand.

The authorities such as the police and counter terrorism units can stop many attacks from taking place, and I'm sure they do, but there will always be ones that they can't stop, and that's the case with the attacks in Paris and in Brussels.

We don't tend to hear about the 99 plots that they've stopped, but when one does happen it's obviously all over over the media and grabs our attention.

Comment

The latest news is the terrorists considered attacking nuclear energy sites. Details on this facet of the story can be read in this Reuters article: Brussels attackers were considering nuclear site, changed their minds: paper
                  pwarbi likes this.

Comment

I don't think it comes as any surprise that they have thought about attacking nuclear power stations as they're after trying to cause as much damage and disturbance as they can.

At the moment it seems like targeting people on the street and the transport network of countries us a lot easier for them as to be able to get anywhere near a nuclear power facility will take a lot of planning I would have thought, even for them.

Comment

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/26/wo...art-migom.html

I know, journalists and their editors tend to exaggerate and use the sentiment technique. However, it doesn't make it less of a truly said story. This guy was only 21 and wanted to explore the world. So heartbreaking.

Comment

http://www.adn.com/article/20160325/...-official-says

Another one. Makes me want to cry, too. ISIS won't achieve anything but the worldwide hate If they conitune like that.

Comment

I saw the news about the Brussels bombing while we were on a Holy Week holiday. Learning about what happened and how many innocent people have died really broke my heart especially at a time when we were on a reflective and religious mode. Although our country is far away from Brussels, many of the local residents here were gathered as one in mourning for all the victims of the bombing.

Comment

This news is really sad. I play for the people who died in Brussels. I don't understand what ISIS wants. There was a video released by them few months ago in which they are saying that they kill people just because it's fun! I don't know why they are killing innocent people. The good news is that major countries are taking special steps to stop the terror.

Comment

Working...
                            X